Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

PIcture of my new Hartmann 204B HRS6 wheels

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 07:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PIcture of my new Hartmann 204B HRS6 wheels

Hello,

Just wanted to share some pictures of my new Hartmann 19 inches wheels i received this morning from Achtuning. I ordered the 19x8.5 +38 wheels.

I ordered my wheels about a week ago from achtuning.com. I wasn't able to find a reliable Hartmann distributor in Canada so I bought it in Wash St. even though I live in Montreal.

Wheels costed me 285$ each + about 200$ for shipping. It took about a week from order to receiving the wheels. The whole Achtuning experience has been pretty good, from exchanging emails to the sales guy (SKyler - super service) to the packaging of the wheels. Extremely happy.

Now I need to find good tires that will fit on these for the winter season. I know 19 inches are not ideal for winter but I might keep these wheels also for the next summer season since I like them a lot more than the 20 inches ones I got on the canadian S-Line 2.0T 2012 version (see picture).

That's my story

Old 10-05-2011, 08:29 AM
DrV
AudiWorld Senior Member

Great looking wheel! Thanks for sharing.
If you want to sell me your 20" wheels, please PM me.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Nice wheels. I'm about to order some 19" five spoke rims from Hartmann too for winter tires. I was looking at the Dunlop 3Ds but seems they do not have that size in the US so I am going with the Nokian Hakkapeliitta R SUV.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How about stock 5 spoke 19" wheels and tires from a 2011 Q5 - I have a set I took off

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/alb...ctureid=230949
Old 10-05-2011, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo
How about stock 5 spoke 19" wheels and tires from a 2011 Q5 - I have a set I took off

I just sent you a PM.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo

I have these rims in 19' with snow tires that I use with my Q5 in the winter instead of my 20' with SPs. I live in Canada, I commute 100kms 3 days a week, go skiing, drive to the cottage, and drive in some of the worst weather toronto has to offer and 19's with snows are more than adequate.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by BirdmanQ5
I have these rims in 19' with snow tires that I use with my Q5 in the winter instead of my 20' with SPs. I live in Canada, I commute 100kms 3 days a week, go skiing, drive to the cottage, and drive in some of the worst weather toronto has to offer and 19's with snows are more than adequate.
That is great news. I always had smaller tires on my previous car during winter. This is however the first time i drive a Quattro so i am hoping this will be good on ice and snow.

Btw, i have a question about what will fit on my new wheels. Since they are 19x8.5, i understand i must find a tire that will fit 19 inches diameter (!) and with a width range that will fit well the wheel. I am currently looking at the Blizzak DM-V1 in 235/55R19. According to the specs, it works with a rim width from 6.5 to 8.5" so that looks good to me. Is there other value i should be looking for when buying the tire? I am hoping to order it from Tirerack.com but i haven't seen a way to say what wheel i have and get a list of tires that will fit.

thanks
Old 10-06-2011, 12:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Are people generally able to sell the stock wheel sets easily?

When our Q5 comes, we are planning on either powder-coating the stock wheels or buying the 19" Hartmann RS4-style. I would be inclined towards the latter if I could recover some of the cost by selling the original wheel and tire set (2.0T P+ 18".) You can go ahead and PM me if you'd be interested.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Jacou21
That is great news. I always had smaller tires on my previous car during winter. This is however the first time i drive a Quattro so i am hoping this will be good on ice and snow.

Btw, i have a question about what will fit on my new wheels. Since they are 19x8.5, i understand i must find a tire that will fit 19 inches diameter (!) and with a width range that will fit well the wheel. I am currently looking at the Blizzak DM-V1 in 235/55R19. According to the specs, it works with a rim width from 6.5 to 8.5" so that looks good to me. Is there other value i should be looking for when buying the tire? I am hoping to order it from Tirerack.com but i haven't seen a way to say what wheel i have and get a list of tires that will fit.

thanks
Tire Rack makes tire purchases easy. From the main page, there's an option to shop by vehicle. Input your Q5's information, and it will give you any tires appropriate for your vehicle. You can then sort by type, brand, etc. You can also read reviews from other Q5 owners. Aside from the size, I believe the only other consideration is load index, and Tire Rack won't offer something you shouldn't use. If in doubt, just call them.

I have always had good luck with Blizzaks. The only disadvantage I've experienced is poor fuel economy, presumably from the sticky low temp compound combined with the tread design. Speaking of which, only part of the Blizzak's tread depth is constructed of the winter compound. Blizzaks essentially self-convert to all season tires after a certain amount of tread wear.

After lots of online research along with recommendations from forum members Reggie and 1Atlas, I'm going to try 18" Nokian Hakkapeliitta R SUV's this winter. They are expensive, but I have a local dealer offering buy 3 get 1 free deals on all tires for a grand reopening promo. My second choice was the Michelin X ice i2, but inventory hasn't ramped up yet. (Plus they're even more expensive!) The Blizzak DM-V1 was choice number three and would have been $200 cheaper than the Hakkas. I'll be getting the tires mounted tomorrow on aftermarket wheels so they'll be ready to be bolted on when the white stuff flies.
Attached Images  
Old 10-06-2011, 04:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Great choice, I ran the Nokian Hakkapeliitta R SUV's last winter and loved them, made the Q super stable!

Quick Reply: PIcture of my new Hartmann 204B HRS6 wheels