Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Pissed @ Audi.

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 03:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Pissed @ Audi.

Put a call into my dealer today just to get a little update on anything. I ask if pricing was released yet. He said he hopes mid month. But he said wait you are the one that ordered the ***+******* exclusive color.( yes I am still keeping it under wraps) the factory rejected your order because of the color. He said it is crazy because I am paying the $2500 for the color that is in the current lineup. He is putting in a call to the area rep and Audi Germany. He said he orders special colors all the time. So he did not know what was up.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had seen a post elsewhere where someone had been saying they heard that for some reason or other at least for B8s custom colors would be restricted to RS models or something.

I haven't seen anything about that elsewhere so I don't know if it's true and if so how widespread the restriction is, though if the order was rejected for the color then I guess it includes the Q5s. Why they wouldn't've told dealers I don't know, though. Hopefully that restriction gets reversed.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by idale
I had seen a post elsewhere where someone had been saying they heard that for some reason or other at least for B8s custom colors would be restricted to RS models or something.

I haven't seen anything about that elsewhere so I don't know if it's true and if so how widespread the restriction is, though if the order was rejected for the color then I guess it includes the Q5s. Why they wouldn't've told dealers I don't know, though. Hopefully that restriction gets reversed.
Forgot to say I am ordering a 2014 SQ5. This WOULD be a deal breaker for me!!!
Old 06-03-2013, 04:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by JBDinTX
I don't blame you one bit, I'd be pissed off, too. Still don't understand why dealers wouldn't've been told about this.

Found a thread talking about the S4 being screwed: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...clusive-colors. Pretty sure that it was an A5-family post I'd seen before (I think the RS5 was allowed, but A5/S5 not or something).

Sounds like the Audi Exclusive program may be practically dead this year for some reason, at least at this point (hopefully they change their minds still). According to this thread, something about "factory capacity" and "changes" to the program (supposedly pricing's changing at the least). I guess they've got more sales so more vehicles going through production and so it's harder to deal with the special colors or something?

Regardless, if they've decided to change/kill the 2014 program, they really should've told people about it. Yes, yes, pricing and the Audi Exclusive guides aren't out yet this year so technically anything's possible and there's no guarantees, but usually everything's "the same" year after year and so it's a valid assumption to make (and the order system's up).
Old 06-03-2013, 04:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 25 Posts

My understanding is that for 2014, special order color has been bumped up from $2500 to $3900 and is now limited to A6,A7,A8,Q7,TT,R8-line cars only, until further notice. No more exclusive color for B-segment cars (A4,S4,A5,S5,Q5,SQ5) in the US.

Last edited by larryV; 06-03-2013 at 04:18 PM.
Old 06-03-2013, 04:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by larryV
My understanding is that for 2014, special order color has been bumped up from $2500 to $3900 and is now limited to A6,A7,A8,Q7,TT,R8-line cars only, until further notice. No more exclusive color for B-segment cars (A4,S4,A5,S5,Q5,SQ5) in the US.
Ugh. Sounds very disappointing. Like I said this is a deal breaker for me. I will look at the 2 door evouque , cayenne and the SRT8 Jeep. I HATE THIS!!!!!!! My SQ5 was going to be awesome.
Old 06-03-2013, 04:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

What pisses me off is Audi will offer 50 shades of grey ;p. but won't offer any other color choices. Don't get me wrong I have only ever driven grey silver or black cars. My 2010 S5 is quartz grey. SO PISSED!!!!!
Old 06-03-2013, 04:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by larryV
No more exclusive color for B-segment cars (A4,S4,A5,S5,Q5,SQ5) in the US.
Not cool if that ends up being permanent, especially including the S models.

What pisses me off is Audi will offer 50 shades of grey ;p. but won't offer any other color choices. Don't get me wrong I have only ever driven grey silver or black cars. My 2010 S5 is quartz grey. SO PISSED!!!!!
Audi's fairly conservative, so we're lucky the Q5 gets Scuba and Volcano as "real colors". And it's not like you really have enough greys to choose from, since for 2013 you had Monsoon and silver. If they further expanded the standard color list then taking away special orders would be a little more palatable, since being able to spend extra to go custom helped some with the relative restrictiveness of the standard palette.

Last edited by idale; 06-03-2013 at 04:36 PM.
Old 06-03-2013, 04:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ugh. Sounds very disappointing. Like I said this is a deal breaker for me. I will look at the 2 door evouque , cayenne and the SRT8 Jeep. I HATE THIS!!!!!!! My SQ5 was going to be awesome.
Personally, I don't know why a color choice would get you to drive a Jeep over an Audi or risk mechanical issues and trade-in value with a Land Rover. It's a car, not a purse - but to each their own. Are you still worried about what your friends think?
Old 06-03-2013, 04:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, that sucks!

For the $$$$, you should be able to pick whatever color they have available!

Quick Reply: Pissed @ Audi.