Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Port delay?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Port delay?

Hi all,

I am curious about a port delay situation regarding a Q5 I am buying. Originally the dealer told me the car would be available by the week of March 8th; however, the latest word is the week of April 5th.

I know there have been some weather issues in the Northeast, but is a delay of up to 4 weeks normal? I just want to make sure I am not being strung along by the dealer - especially considering the financing deals change every month.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was also getting the run-around from a dealer, and now I make them send me a pdf file of the status. From their system they can send the exact timeline for delivery, including boat loading, port arrival, etc.

In my experience there was no factory or shipment delay, there was just the dealer bs delay.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

I had a week delay at the port due to a delay with port-installed accessories.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

When I made the deal to get my Q5 on February 16th I was told that it was listed as coming to the port on March 1. I ended up taking delivery of the car on March 10, the day it arrived to the dealership. It got to Rhode Island on the 8th and got to me in DC a day or two later.

They said the port was having an issue with the company that has the contract to do the deliveries from the port due to weather, but my delay was only a week and a half.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just got delayed about 2 weeks. Thought i was done waiting.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I actually got it a little early, March 31st - so 3 weeks. Just a warning though for any of you still waiting for orders on the East Coast.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow my s5 was in port only two days before it was put on a truck. Makes me think that they might be doing some body work or paint on your q5. My friend is a range rover salesman and he was telling me things to watch out for when I ordered my car and that was one of them. Look at the car in the daylight very close before you sign anything. And remember this because when you go to pick it up your heart will be pumping ninety to nothing but calm down and look the car over a couple of times.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Wow that just scared me a little. I will make sure i go over the car very carefully but is this something they would have to disclose to me if i specifically asked them about it. Or could they lie and say it was just a delay and no work was done?
Old 04-04-2010, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

NO THEY DO NOT HAVE TO TELL YOU if the car was fixed at port because Audi still owns the car. If it is damaged in shipping from the trucking company anything under 900.00 us dollars they do not have to report it to the buyer. I am sure there is tons of indfo on this google it and see. For you I hope this is not the case.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I hope this isnt the case either. What exactly should i be looking for when going over the car to see if it was repaired and repainted. What are some of the signs?

Quick Reply: Port delay?