Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Preset Stations In Sirius Keep Disappearing!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 06:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Preset Stations In Sirius Keep Disappearing!!!

I have added Sirius present stations in MMI and had them somehow disappear at least six times ! Anybody else have this problem and any idea why? Thanks.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've had this happen two times and both times I figured out what it was. The first time was when my trial period was over and I activated my paid subscription. I'm making an assumption but I think it's pretty accurate, when the radio re-read the channel feed it erased the presets. My guess is there is something in the programming of the radio and the feed that doesn't mesh and the radio starts over or sees the preset channels as missing.

The second time was similar, Sirius updated something (I forget why I knew this) and something must have changed on the channel information so again the radio thought the channels disappeared.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Allraodgone
I have added Sirius present stations in MMI and had them somehow disappear at least six times ! Anybody else have this problem and any idea why? Thanks.
This happened several times with my BMW and I finally figured it out. I was changing keys. The pre-sets are key specific. It only took a couple of instances to figure it out though. Six times for you would make me think something else is amiss.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I've had it happen about 6 times as well. Once was when the trial period ended but the other 5 times I have no explanation for. Just started up the car and they were gone. I've only used 1 key the entire time I've had the car. The spare has sat in a drawer since Day 1.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jtie
I've had it happen about 6 times as well. Once was when the trial period ended but the other 5 times I have no explanation for. Just started up the car and they were gone. I've only used 1 key the entire time I've had the car. The spare has sat in a drawer since Day 1.
Ditto, have always used the same key also. Will have the dealer look at it next service visit.