Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Is the price firm?????

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 02:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Is the price firm?????

I ordered a q5 in mid October. Now the dealer is saying that it will be here end of Feb-early March. (Originally he said that it would be here at the end of Dec)

Question: We agreed on a price. It's less than msrp. If Audi raises their prices, will my price get bumped? Is that legitimate? How much will the price go up. Same percent as the price increase? Do I have any recourse? It's not my fault that the delivery is taking so long.

Myron
Old 01-12-2011, 02:46 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Winter Cabriolet
I ordered a q5 in mid October. Now the dealer is saying that it will be here end of Feb-early March. (Originally he said that it would be here at the end of Dec)

Question: We agreed on a price. It's less than msrp. If Audi raises their prices, will my price get bumped? Is that legitimate? How much will the price go up. Same percent as the price increase? Do I have any recourse? It's not my fault that the delivery is taking so long.

Myron
A lot depends on the dealer - but yes legally you are obligated to pay the difference. That happened to me when I ordered my 98 A4 - and I looked at it as the dealer is not responsible - it is just something that can happen and the dealer is not at fault. Remember that the dealer is not at fault.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am going to throw some hyothetical numbers out. Assume msrp is 50K and I negotiated down to 45K. That's a 10% deduct. If their price goes up 5K should I pay the 5K extra? or 5k minus 10%? Hopefully I made myself clear.

Myron
Old 01-12-2011, 03:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Id say if the vehicle has a VIN and was actually already built before the price increase and all you are waiting on is a slow boat then the original price should be valid. Just short of taking EU delivery at the complete of the build, it is no ones fault the ship is late, hell Audi could have all the boats circle a few times and gain alot! lol
Old 01-12-2011, 03:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Instead of throwing hypothetical numbers, tell us real figures and exactly what you ordered and how much you agreed to pay so we can tell you what is reasonable to pay.

Originally Posted by Winter Cabriolet
I am going to throw some hyothetical numbers out. Assume msrp is 50K and I negotiated down to 45K. That's a 10% deduct. If their price goes up 5K should I pay the 5K extra? or 5k minus 10%? Hopefully I made myself clear.

Myron
Old 01-12-2011, 04:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Reggie
A lot depends on the dealer - but yes legally you are obligated to pay the difference. That happened to me when I ordered my 98 A4 - and I looked at it as the dealer is not responsible - it is just something that can happen and the dealer is not at fault. Remember that the dealer is not at fault.
So...if a person doesn't want to pay more than the original price negotiated when placing an order and wants to walk away, what are you saying about the deposit?
Old 01-13-2011, 05:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

usually dealers base any discounts/surcharges on the MSRP, therefore is the MSRP goes up so does the overall price.

As stated though without knowing your exact agreement we can't say for sure.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Originally Posted by CB17
So...if a person doesn't want to pay more than the original price negotiated when placing an order and wants to walk away, what are you saying about the deposit?
Unless you have some weird color order or option deletes - there should be no problem getting your deposit back. Especially for Q5 that are selling so well.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:29 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Originally Posted by rs4-380
usually dealers base any discounts/surcharges on the MSRP, therefore is the MSRP goes up so does the overall price.

As stated though without knowing your exact agreement we can't say for sure.
My first Audi I negotiated a certain percentage over manufacturing cost not sticker cost.

All my other Audis have been based on sticker costs because I got 6% off with being on the Audi Preferred Supplier Program as well as the discount for the loyalty program