Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Q5 2.0T vs. 3.2, My Review

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 01:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tridentnyc
Totally agree with your assessments of the 2.0T's powertrain. Have had mine admittedly only three weeks but am starting to think I should've gone 3.2 for all the reasons you point out here.

One are I completely disagree with you is the B&O, I think it pretty much sucks and I'm a 24 year audio engineer professional. My Bose system in my previous vehicle, Nissan Rogue SL, blows this sorry system out of the water. The only reason I got it was no one near me had any test vehicles with it and I could only preview the stock system, which I now think is actually better. The $800 was money wasted in my opinion.

I should have remembered the take on B&O in my industry: Great flashy looking stuff to show off in your living room alongside your Apple products, crap sound. Crap sound indeed.
Wow, i have just red your comment on oversized mirrors.... One conclusion comes to my mind, you have some serious problem there! Mirrors too big, B&O sound crapy, and this is coming from audio engineer pro.... Dude, one thing to say, If you own a business - thanks god I'm not your customer.....
Old 09-02-2011, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tomashek
Wow, i have just red your comment on oversized mirrors.... One conclusion comes to my mind, you have some serious problem there! Mirrors too big, B&O sound crapy, and this is coming from audio engineer pro.... Dude, one thing to say, If you own a business - thanks god I'm not your customer.....
If there was a point in there somewhere, not sure I got it.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tomashek
Oh you didn't know he works for BMW?
Old 09-02-2011, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tridentnyc
If there was a point in there somewhere, not sure I got it.
I think his point was that perhaps you purchased the wrong vehicle?
Old 09-02-2011, 06:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by whyjay91
I think his point was that perhaps you purchased the wrong vehicle?
Could be, trying to figure that out. Still didn't get that from the weird analogy of business owner/customer. Whatever.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:00 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I test drove the 2.0T, and although it definately took off well and drove smoothly, its still a 4 banger. Personally if im going to buy an SUV, i want a little more beef to it. I owned a Jetta before, and when i heard the 2.0 start up it sounded just like the put put of my little jetta. Im so glad i went with the 3.2, but to each their own
Old 09-03-2011, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by KendylB4
I test drove the 2.0T, and although it definately took off well and drove smoothly, its still a 4 banger. Personally if im going to buy an SUV, i want a little more beef to it. I owned a Jetta before, and when i heard the 2.0 start up it sounded just like the put put of my little jetta. Im so glad i went with the 3.2, but to each their own
I also wanted a little more beef to it, as you say, but didn't find it in our only alternative. When I drove the two x3 options boy did my eyes light up. But I stayed calm and let the wife decide. That turbo 6 in the new x3 is the correct upgrade to have and I was ready for it. The wife just loves Audis. They're very nice but sometimes I wish she'd branch out.

Anyway, you're right: to each their own.
Old 09-03-2011, 03:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by whyjay91
I also wanted a little more beef to it, as you say, but didn't find it in our only alternative. When I drove the two x3 options boy did my eyes light up. But I stayed calm and let the wife decide. That turbo 6 in the new x3 is the correct upgrade to have and I was ready for it. The wife just loves Audis. They're very nice but sometimes I wish she'd branch out.

Anyway, you're right: to each their own.
that N55 hauls butt and is very nice, they need the 3.0T to compete. I think Q5 > X3 IMO. the audi rides better and audi interiors are nicer. i generally like BMW's though
Old 09-04-2011, 05:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm still plenty happy with our 2.0T. Of course, we went into this without having something fast as one of the criteria, however I still will do something with the exhaust and an ECU tune at some point in its life anyway.
Yesterday we did the unthinkable and towed a 5x10 trailer full of furniture and crap 100 miles and it did respectably. Also, it made it feel a lot faster when we unhooked the borrowed trailer that in my opinion needs new bearings (bearing caps were about 20 degrees warmer than the rim).
So, it's all perspective. Load yours down with a bunch a weight, drive it until that begins to feel like the norm and then you end up getting what feels like a free power upgrade when you get rid of the weight.