Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Q5 Coming/Leaving Home Lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 09:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Q5 Coming/Leaving Home Lights

Which lights are used in the 2013 Q5
- Bi-xenon Main lights?
- Fog Lamps?
- Daytime Running LEDs?

I think from the 2012 Q5s it's the LED DRLs & Fogs.

Can my dealer program it to just be the LED DRLs? I prefer only having the crisp LED lights.

For it to work, my lights must be on auto like my Tiguan? Can I change that so they come on even when on off mode?

Thanks in advance
Old 10-21-2013, 09:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

One more thing...

Do 2013 Q5s with Xenon lights (Non Adaptive) come standard with cornering fog lamps?
Old 10-21-2013, 10:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by auditrinidad
Which lights are used in the 2013 Q5
- Bi-xenon Main lights?
- Fog Lamps?
- Daytime Running LEDs?

I think from the 2012 Q5s it's the LED DRLs & Fogs.

Can my dealer program it to just be the LED DRLs? I prefer only having the crisp LED lights.

For it to work, my lights must be on auto like my Tiguan? Can I change that so they come on even when on off mode?

Thanks in advance
use the search function VAGCOM. And no the dealer will not program any of these for you.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiQ5sleeper
use the search function VAGCOM. And no the dealer will not program any of these for you.
It depends on the dealer. My dealer installs one of the performance mods(APR or one of the other ones). They also offer to do any VCDs mod's for 50 dollars and said that their service department does not care that the car's have VCDs mods.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 358 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by mwaarna
It depends on the dealer. My dealer installs one of the performance mods(APR or one of the other ones). They also offer to do any VCDs mod's for 50 dollars and said that their service department does not care that the car's have VCDs mods.
Sorry but it's not true, all the official Audi dealers in the world is forbidden to do any modifications other than those of factory.
Information from the Audi Ingolstadt

Ask him to provides a written confirmation that it can work
Old 10-21-2013, 11:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the quick replies. Don't have VAGCOM so I probably won't bother as it's a pretty minor thing.

So just to confirm, the coming/leaving home lights is the LED DRLs & fog lights?

Do 2013 Q5s with Xenon lights (Non Adaptive) come standard with cornering fog lamps?
Any info on this?
Old 10-21-2013, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by spijun
Sorry but it's not true, all the official Audi dealers in the world is forbidden to do any modifications other than those of factory.
Information from the Audi Ingolstadt

Ask him to provides a written confirmation that it can work
Perhaps in your country that's true but here in the U.S. some dealers will do certain convenience mods for customers. Over the years, before I got my Vag-Com cable, my dealer would do certain mods for me, for example, key fob open/close windows and sunroof type things.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 358 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Perhaps in your country that's true but here in the U.S. some dealers will do certain convenience mods for customers. Over the years, before I got my Vag-Com cable, my dealer would do certain mods for me, for example, key fob open/close windows and sunroof type things.
Not only in my country but everywhere in the world is forbidden to Audi dealers are doing mods
Of course there are always those who will make the mods, but officially this is forbidden

In my town I know two Audi dealers who will do it for money. They can therefore lose their job

Last edited by spijun; 10-22-2013 at 01:44 AM.
Old 10-22-2013, 03:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mwaarna
I know. some dealers can be a pain when it comes to these VCD changes.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by spijun
Not only in my country but everywhere in the world is forbidden to Audi dealers are doing mods
Of course there are always those who will make the mods, but officially this is forbidden

In my town I know two Audi dealers who will do it for money. They can therefore lose their job
Do you have a source reference that specifically states that no documented convenience options can be changed by a dealer?

Quick Reply: Q5 Coming/Leaving Home Lights