Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Q5 delivery tracking with VIN?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 03:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q5 delivery tracking with VIN?

Does anyone know how to track Q5 delivery status using VIN with any of the cargo ships coming into Canada? I am from Vancouver.

Topgun77
Old 09-26-2009, 04:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Only your selling dealer can do that unfortunately.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:19 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default tracking delivery of Q5

Originally Posted by AofC_RR
Only your selling dealer can do that unfortunately.
That is really disappointing. I ordered my Q5 at the end of September, it's now December 15th and I'm still waiting. I can't wait to get out of my volvo and into my Q5, however my salesman is a bit slow to provide any updates and I would love to be able to track the progress of building, shipping and delivery. That would be a great add to the audi experience if Audi would allow customers to track the production and delivery of the vehicle. We are in the age of webcams and tracking everything everywhere afterall....
Old 12-19-2009, 04:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your car is on the water then go here and put your VIN in the Cargo ID field to find the ship and its itinerary.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SensFan
That is really disappointing. I ordered my Q5 at the end of September, it's now December 15th and I'm still waiting. I can't wait to get out of my volvo and into my Q5, however my salesman is a bit slow to provide any updates and I would love to be able to track the progress of building, shipping and delivery. That would be a great add to the audi experience if Audi would allow customers to track the production and delivery of the vehicle. We are in the age of webcams and tracking everything everywhere afterall....
I ordered my Q5 in early August and it arrived in early December. I live in Germany so I didn't have a boat ride to worry about. You could try sending an email to audi.de as they are very responsive, more so than audiusa.com. be patient! it will come!
Old 09-02-2011, 08:15 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by CrustyNoodle
If your car is on the water then go here and put your VIN in the Cargo ID field to find the ship and its itinerary.
Yep,it works cool! Thanks heeps.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Didn't work for me The pop-up window disappeared once I entered the VIN and hit OK...
Old 09-04-2011, 12:37 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by rumon
Didn't work for me The pop-up window disappeared once I entered the VIN and hit OK...
press the Home buton and then go to customer centre tab then select the track & trace and where it ask for the cargo id put in the VIN no and should work. Cheers.
http://www.2wglobal.com/www/WEP/index.jsp
Old 09-04-2011, 09:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by patrickk
press the Home buton and then go to customer centre tab then select the track & trace and where it ask for the cargo id put in the VIN no and should work. Cheers.
http://www.2wglobal.com/www/WEP/index.jsp
Thanks Patrickk! This time it said 'No records found'. In your case, were you able to track the locate the ship right after you received the VIN?
Old 09-04-2011, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When my previous Q5 shipped over from Germany last autumn, I simply called Audi of America, gave the nice woman on the phone my VIN, and she told me the ship it was on, and all the relevant details. I don't know if they still do that, as my newly ordered Q hasn't been built yet, but it can't hurt to try. Once I knew the ship name, I was able to track it through various maritime sites.

Quick Reply: Q5 delivery tracking with VIN?