Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Q5 Easter Eggs (hidden/no-so-obvious features)

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 12:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kashishs
Few things I noticed on my 2013 Q5 -

The voice recognition learns your accent and quickly picks up your words next time.

If you are on a call via Bluetooth, when you shut down the car and leave, it automatically transfers to your phone speakers. I guess that maybe a phone feature but it was kinda cool.
Is the voice recognition learning just through regular use, or have you used the programming feature yet (I have not done so, but plan to).

Good to know about the phone calls.. my Q7 did that, but the ML i just got out of did not... was very annoying to have a call cut off if i forgot to manually change audio sources on the phone before turning the car off... thanks for the info!
Old 02-25-2013, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Rohare
Is the voice recognition learning just through regular use, or have you used the programming feature yet (I have not done so, but plan to).

Good to know about the phone calls.. my Q7 did that, but the ML i just got out of did not... was very annoying to have a call cut off if i forgot to manually change audio sources on the phone before turning the car off... thanks for the info!
Just normal use for voice recognition. When I bought the car, the dealer told me about it.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by BirdmanQ5
When your sunroof is open, the wind deflector doubles as a BUG CATCHER so you can collect mosquitos (and birds if you're lucky) for your collection
lol
Old 04-17-2013, 01:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I don't think this one was mentioned...

You can interupt the voice recognition lady by hitting the voice button again. So for example, you hit the voice button and say "Call John Smith cell." The lady's voice comes back and says "Call John Smith cell." "Would you like to dial the number?" Those are two separate statements. While she's saying the first one, you can press the voice button again on the steering wheel and it will cut her off so she immediately moves to "Would you like to dial the number?"

It's not major but saves some time. Especially if you get into one of those help menus and she's reading you 10 items on the screen
Old 07-16-2013, 05:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Phone book search in DIS screen

Stumbled onto this “feature” yesterday. Probably old news to some but new to me. I accessed the phone book with the left mode button on the steering wheel. The DIS screen starts off naturally showing the first entry in the A section. The contact I was looking for was in the P’s so I flicked the thumb wheel down pretty fast. The DIS came up with a “Search phonebook” screen that I’ve never seen before showing the first entry in the B section. Then each click of the wheel moved the display to the next alphabetical section instead of individual entries. I moved it down to the P section and left it there. After a couple of seconds, the search function stopped and the phone book came back up showing the P entries. It will also go a section if you press in on the thumbwheel. If you flick the wheel fast again it will go back into search mode and you can select another alphabetical section instead of scrolling slowly through the whole thing looking for a name. I have a Corporate issued iPhone so I have well over 150 contacts. This made it a little quicker to find the name I was looking for. Not a huge deal but I thought it was pretty cool
Old 07-23-2013, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I realized this morning that the Fog lights will operate without the headlamps on.

I didn't read back all 13 pages so maybe a repost.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by bripsu
Still in discovery mode myself, this is a great list![*]Latch points in the ceiling for an optional dog/cargo net[/LIST]
Anyone know where I can find this net? My dog would love this setup.
Old 07-23-2013, 02:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Scott Evil
Anyone know where I can find this net? My dog would love this setup.
The Audi Part # is 8RO 861 961 A

You can get an idea on what it looks like in this classified ad pics:

http://classifieds.audiworld.com/sho...ate/1240935749
Old 07-25-2013, 04:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Hawk12
The Audi Part # is 8RO 861 961 A

You can get an idea on what it looks like in this classified ad pics:

http://classifieds.audiworld.com/sho...ate/1240935749
Perfect, thanks
Old 08-16-2013, 10:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Not sure if anyone considers this a real easter egg or not. But the lighting on the intstument panel will light up and dim slowly if you have your headlights turned off when you drive into a garage, underpass or tunnel or anywhere where the light level changes. So I busted out the ole' owners manual as I could never figure out why my instrument cluster lights up some of the time and not at all other times. Per the manual Audi does this the remind the driver that their headlights are in the off position and and the lightening conditions may require you to use your headlights.

Quick Reply: Q5 Easter Eggs (hidden/no-so-obvious features)