Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Q5 headlight adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Q5 headlight adjustment

Does anybody know if I need a VAG COM to adjust my low beam. The driver side of my low beam is higher then the other side. I see a screw right on top of thr head light housing, do I need to program in the adjustment after I adjust the screw like other Audi?

Thanks
Old 01-20-2010, 07:08 AM
DrV
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the exact same issue, but I had the dealership do the adjustment for me.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As far as I know, leveling system should be locked to service position with vag-com and after that manually adjust up or down, once manual done, service position needs to be released with cag-com.

I have to check this out and where is the service setting once I get home....
Old 01-20-2010, 09:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by kleinbus
As far as I know, leveling system should be locked to service position with vag-com and after that manually adjust up or down, once manual done, service position needs to be released with cag-com.

I have to check this out and where is the service setting once I get home....
kleinbus, thank. Just as I though, no VAG COM, no headlight adjustment Audi have to make everything so difficult.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

So I had to go and fiddle my lights and actually adjusted 1/4" higher just to see how adjustment works.

It needs VAG-COM -> Xenon Range -> Basic Settings -> from drop down window choose "adjustment pos...." and click once "on-off-next" button and dash will show adjustment system error and vag-com shows adjust lights -> turn lights on, pop the hood, lights have two adjusting screws, the one that haves cover is sideways so it's not needed (in most cases) and the one that shows Phillips head is up and down, screw either way -> back to computer and again click once "on-off-next" button and window shows "learnt....." and dash error goes off (if not the click the "on-off-next" button again) -> lights off -> power off and close the hood and you are done

Old 01-21-2010, 04:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

kleinbus, Thank You. Did you use one of those ebay cable and the free ross software?
Old 01-21-2010, 04:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

No, I have original ross-tech USB cable (that time cried long cry shedding that amount of bucks but now afterwards I'm happy I did buy the thingie..)
Old 01-08-2015, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kleinbus
So I had to go and fiddle my lights and actually adjusted 1/4" higher just to see how adjustment works.

It needs VAG-COM -> Xenon Range -> Basic Settings -> from drop down window choose "adjustment pos...." and click once "on-off-next" button and dash will show adjustment system error and vag-com shows adjust lights -> turn lights on, pop the hood, lights have two adjusting screws, the one that haves cover is sideways so it's not needed (in most cases) and the one that shows Phillips head is up and down, screw either way -> back to computer and again click once "on-off-next" button and window shows "learnt....." and dash error goes off (if not the click the "on-off-next" button again) -> lights off -> power off and close the hood and you are done

Hi, I am new to the Audi. I can't find the screws that you are referring to for adjusting the Q5 headlights. Could you help post a picture or point out the screw location in more details? Much appreciated.