Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Q5: Which mods should I get?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 05:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q5: Which mods should I get?

I'm coming close to pulling the trigger and buying a Q5 2.0T. Selling my 2005.5 S4 to make the move. Although I know it will never have the performance of the S4, I want to give it a little more pep.

Probably will go with Stasis to keep warranty. Definitely want to get the ECU flash. Trying to decide between Stasis exhaust and/or suspension. Like the look of the bigger exhaust pipes (compared to the dinky OEM pipes) but not sure I want to attract any attention with a sportier exhaust note. Like the look of the lowered suspension but not sure it is worth the price. Thoughts?
Old 09-07-2011, 04:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I too want the tunes... but the price (and the improvement) seems like highway robbery compared to the tunes I've gotten in the past for other vehicles...

Will probably bite the bullet one day,
but waiting a bit to see if the cost or the hp changes for the better Or there's a GOOD group buy !

Be sure and order the B&O - WELL worth it to us....
Old 09-07-2011, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

why not try a BMW X3 35i? or wait and see if Audi does things right w/ a 3.0T?
Old 09-07-2011, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by bfrank
I'm coming close to pulling the trigger and buying a Q5 2.0T. Selling my 2005.5 S4 to make the move. Although I know it will never have the performance of the S4, I want to give it a little more pep.

Probably will go with Stasis to keep warranty. Definitely want to get the ECU flash. Trying to decide between Stasis exhaust and/or suspension. Like the look of the bigger exhaust pipes (compared to the dinky OEM pipes) but not sure I want to attract any attention with a sportier exhaust note. Like the look of the lowered suspension but not sure it is worth the price. Thoughts?
This is not a criticism, as I believe that when one buys a car, they then can do as they like. But I'm curious as to why you (and others) pay extra for an SUV with higher clearance and then spend additional money to reduce the clearance.

Audi does offer the Q5 with the 3L TDI in most markets--just not the States and Canada.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Or why dont Audi offer a choice of ride height out of the factory. Its not like every customer is using the same piece of road or offroadness (score on the new word, google couldnt find it).
Old 09-08-2011, 02:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

StaSIS tune, but then I'm biased.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Marley's Ghost
This is not a criticism, as I believe that when one buys a car, they then can do as they like. But I'm curious as to why you (and others) pay extra for an SUV with higher clearance and then spend additional money to reduce the clearance.
Because nobody wants to admit they'd rather drive a wagon.

J/K no flames please.
Old 09-09-2011, 05:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks. I really just want some more performance. Stasis is expensive and I won't have a chance to test drive before buying. Also, buying is a big pain because I live three hours from nearest Stasis dealer. Want to avoid investing all this time and money and then getting the car back and saying, "This is it?" Trying to get a sense whether or not performance increase is significant. I know it won't make it like my S4.

Not sure about suspension. Don't really need clearance but am getting SUV to sit up a little higher. Like the look of lowered suspension. Not sure it's worth it to me.

Exhaust is more a looks than performance thing too. I think the OEM pipes look pretty lame so I want something more substantial. As I said, the Stasis upgrade thing will be a big pain in my butt. Don't want to send the car off for something then wish I had gotten more done.

Anybody have any idea what mods do to a leased car? Can't imagine that is good idea but am thinking about it.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

^ So from your first post 'til this one you Don't want a StaSIS tune and now you're not buying but leasing (you can mod a lease but would have to return it to stock unless lease-to-buy). I guess I'm as confused as you now seem to be.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Huey52
^ So from your first post 'til this one you Don't want a StaSIS tune and now you're not buying but leasing (you can mod a lease but would have to return it to stock unless lease-to-buy). I guess I'm as confused as you now seem to be.
Sorry for being so confusing. I'm confident that I want AT LEAST a Stasis tune. Just trying to get some feedback on it before I buy since I will likely not have opportunity to test drive a tuned Q5.

Doubt I'll lease but considering it. Thought maybe Stasis was OK on lease because of their relationship with Audi. Fairly certain not smart to tune a leased car. Was just curious.