Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017
Old 07-25-2016, 08:51 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi Q5 or Q7 Specifications & General Maintenance
Print Wikipost

Q5 problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 05:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

shouldn't the DRL's stay on regardless of whether you have the low beams on or off? or is that a problem that you are experiencing.

Will call the dealer tomorrow so they can check out my light switch problem.

also, i was driving yesterday and a tire pressure monitoring alert when off. Checked the pressure, and all was OK. Stored the pressure settings - haven't seen the warning since. (it's been about 200 miles since then).
Old 08-03-2009, 07:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

'Tis strange. I just came back from a late night errand. I had the switch on "auto" and noticed my reflection in the storefront. Both the DRL's AND the low beams were on at the same time.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by edwyun
'Tis strange. I just came back from a late night errand. I had the switch on "auto" and noticed my reflection in the storefront. Both the DRL's AND the low beams were on at the same time.
Isn't that the norm? My DRL's are always on, even at night when the headlights automatically come on.

phxflyboy
Old 08-05-2009, 02:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by phxflyboy
Isn't that the norm? My DRL's are always on, even at night when the headlights automatically come on.

phxflyboy
Yes I was thinking the same thing. I'm fairly certain DRLs stay on regardless of having headlamps on or off is the norm. I don't own a Q5 so I can't say with certainty how this vehicle operates with respect to the DRLs. I'd be dissapointed if they turned off as I think that's one of the coolest looking things on this vehicle
Old 08-05-2009, 02:48 PM
DrV
AudiWorld Senior Member

I noticed on another new car (NA brand) that the DRL turns off when the turn signal is on. On the Q5 it happens whenever the headlights are not on. I'd prefer the DRL's to remain on regardless.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default good German Q5 forum, problems reported

Guys, there is a good German Q5 forum which is full of infos on the 2010 model and it's problems. Check it out.

Google translation:
http://translate.google.de/translate...hl=de&ie=UTF-8

original URL - in case you can read German:
http://www.motor-talk.de/forum/audi-q5-b667.html

That well known shudder or vibraion issue at 60mph shows up under "unbalance 100-120 km/h" or "imbalance". Don't get confused with the folks there talking about their "cow" which == Q.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

6 months and 5,000 miles and I'm happy to say there hasn't been a single problem, either described in this post or otherwise. Extremely happy with the car, and since it is wife's car, you know darn well she'd tell me if something was wrong
Old 10-08-2009, 11:56 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

That shudder issue might take as long as 10,000 miles to show depending on hard and often you are using the breakes.

The guys there on that board have hard evidence and they know what they are talking about. It's going to be interesting to see how Audi HQ Germany deales with it now that people actually know what's going on. This problem effects both the Q5 and the A4 - so we are talking big numbers for Audi.

Compared to all the rather cosmetic issues this problem is serious since there is no easy fix for it. I'm wondering if it become a serious safety issue since it is break system related.

I've canceled my Q5 3.0 TDI order yesterday and won't come back before I can see Audi reacting to that issue appropriately. We are talking premium cars here after all.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DrV
I noticed on another new car (NA brand) that the DRL turns off when the turn signal is on. On the Q5 it happens whenever the headlights are not on. I'd prefer the DRL's to remain on regardless.
DRL's are always on, until you set them off in the MMI
DRL' are dimmed if the hi-beams are on, and with city-lights
Old 10-09-2009, 03:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

[I've canceled my Q5 3.0 TDI order yesterday and won't come back before I can see Audi reacting to that issue appropriately. We are talking premium cars here after all.[/QUOTE]

Wow! Did youmention this to your dealer before you conceled your order?

Bob

Quick Reply: Q5 problems