Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Q5 Rattles, Thumps, and Squeaks

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by happyaudi
I am plan to purchase Audi Q5 soon but affraid that Audi have too many problems with their cars and s.u.v and not as reliable like Japanese auto maker. I been really debate about purchase Q5. I look at the Forum Discussion and see so many complaint!!!
You have to realize that there are several types of people that post here on the forum. Some of these types of people include but are not limited to:

1) People that love the Audi brand, know a lot about cars and enjoy helping others.
2) People that want to learn about the Q5 and therefore joined AW to learn about owners' experiences with the Q5 as they anxiously await their deliveries.
3) People that join to complain or seek solutions to the problems that they have with their cars. (There is a lot of people that join for this very exact reason).

etc...

So when you compare the number of posts from people in #3, it may seem like a lot as opposed to the other types of posters.

Last edited by bayridgeguy; 11-11-2009 at 08:47 AM.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bayridgeguy
So when you compare the number of posts from people in #3, it may seem like a lot as opposed to the other types of posters.
Exactly.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Audi drivers mostly love their car, but are also objective enough to speak about eventually problems
I know other (german...) brands where the owners are so fanatised that they avoid te recognise that their car is not perfect... until they change of brand !
and no, Audi is not perfect, but nevertheless as fine as a BM or a Merc
Old 11-11-2009, 09:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have just started to encounter a mouse like squeak coming from the back seats when going over bumps, it is driving me mad especially if i am in the car for several hours,

i got my wife to sit in the back while i was driving and she told me that it seemed to be coming from inside the left rear seat so i have been driving with it in the down position, butit seems to be the MIDDLE rear seat section as i have been driving with it down and left up and the squeak has disapeared, it must be something to do with the mechanism which locks it in place, i will report it on my 15K service,

also today on the way back from the airport my MMI screen turned purple, anyone else had this, i am in day mode i checked,
Old 11-11-2009, 09:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bayridgeguy
FitzLA, the whole seat? They replaced the frame for me. After the repair, the quick release from the trunk is sort of loose and i have to give the seat a little push for it to fold. I will get them to fix it at my 5k service.
Yes, they had to replace the whole seat
Old 11-12-2009, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by happyaudi
I am plan to purchase Audi Q5 soon but affraid that Audi have too many problems with their cars and s.u.v and not as reliable like Japanese auto maker. I been really debate about purchase Q5. I look at the Forum Discussion and see so many complaint!!!
If reliability is the important factor for you, you will be better off buying a japanese car. Most German car buyer give up a little reliability for the driving dynamics and the more solid construction of a German made car.
Old 11-15-2009, 06:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have something squeaky coming from the back too. It seems to be over rough roads that I hear it the most. I already had my 5k service and wasn't an issue then, so maybe on my next service I'll say something. For now, I just turn up the B&O and it doesn't bug me
Old 11-19-2009, 07:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am having a squeaking noise coming from the rear of the car but I believe it has got to do with the suspension rather than the seats. When I'm driving alone the squeak will come on after going over road bumps. With full passenger load, the squeak is audible even when going over rough roads. It seems to go away when I'm travelling on the highway, possibly because the Drive Select system stiffens up the suspension at higher speeds.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Thump like sound on dash...

It happens when I turn the car off. It doesnt do it all the time. I dont know what it could be.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:03 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I've always had a 'ticking' like sound coming from the engire compartment, but have been told by 3 separate people at the dealer that it is normal, and is due to the fuel injection.

I also had a random rattling noise coming from the front passenger seat that the dealer couldn't pinpoint, so they strapped and taped everything under the seat and that seemed to correct it.

Quick Reply: Q5 Rattles, Thumps, and Squeaks