Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

The Q5 sure gets a lot of looks...

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 01:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yeah....some guy in an F car wanted to race.......

It is a sweet looking small SUV though......
Old 11-15-2009, 01:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

when we got ours, i was driving i came to a stop at a light and a guy in a jeep liberty drove past in the adjacent lane. he stopped reversed and started talking to me about it.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have had a lot of head turning and some whistling (and I know the whistles are not for me sadly enough). I have even had strangers start up conversations with me about it.

One time I was sitting at a restaurant that had curb side service waiting on my to go order. Two young men came out the side door to take a smoke break and just stared at my Q5 and finally came over and started asking me questions about it. Then while they are talking to me about it a guy in a BMW in the next curbside stall hops out of his car and joins in on the conversation. The youngsters were openly admiring of it and gave me a lot of "awesomes" and such. The Bimmer guy had a look of sheer envy and I think was already doing the mental math on when his lease was going to end so he could go shopping for a Q5.

I am somewhat reluctant to tell the other occasion a stranger started talking to me about my Q5. I do not want to offend any other Q5 owners here. But the other time a stranger approached me was at a gas station and it was another Q5 owner. They were really curious about why mine looked so different. He wanted to know if the 2010 model had new styling or something. I said no, the difference is the S-Line package and wheels. He had the most basic wheels and such and it just looked quite different then my S-Line. The dealership we both used (the only one in the state) is rather small and had never ordered any S-Lines so it was the first time he had ever seen one.

I told him about the conversation I overheard when I picked mine up at the dealership. The owner of the dealership made a comment to the Audi Sales guy (It is a Multiple brand dealership) as to why none of the other Audi's they had looked like mine. The Sales guy said to his boss, "Because you never let me order S-Lines. We only have this one because the customer special ordered it." The owner replied. Okay go ahead and order some.

Anyway I cannot be happier with my car and I am so so glad I was patient enough to special order it exactly how I wanted it. It was rough waiting but well well worth it in the end. The only regret I have is I did not do ED. I promise myself I will when I get my next Audi.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Oh gosh yes! I live in land of very very nice cars, so when I get stares at the Q5 I take it as a huge compliment

My husband took the car to the mall one day and a guy came up and started asking questions about it, How do you like it? etc, he said he wants one but the wait is very long and asked how we got ours "Hmm, we went far to get it cause the finances fell through for a guy"

We also get tons of compliments on the color "We got Quartz Grey" and I must admit that it hides the dirt very well, so we don't regret that.

and then of course we get the stares driving, those lights are very captivating thats for sure!