Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Q5 is there a way to have fog lights turn on automatically?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 03:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q5 is there a way to have fog lights turn on automatically?

This I'm sure has been asked but second week with my 2016 TDI and I have how every night I have to reach down and manually turn on the fog lights? I have the headlights set to automatic but the extra two lights don't seem to? Is there something I'm missing?
Old 10-26-2015, 04:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by todd-a
This I'm sure has been asked but second week with my 2016 TDI and I have how every night I have to reach down and manually turn on the fog lights? I have the headlights set to automatic but the extra two lights don't seem to? Is there something I'm missing?
Buy the Carista app and Bluetooth obd device. Then you can set the fog lights to be on as DRL. At least it will be on all the time during the day
Old 10-27-2015, 03:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

How ? Where ?
Old 10-27-2015, 03:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

How ? Where ?

Read through the threads and you will see posts about Carista and the app. Or do a search.
Night time I always have to manually turn on my fog lights. I do have my fogs on as my DRL.
Old 10-27-2015, 05:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Do you have fog every night? Headlights are made to help you see the things (including teh road) when it is dark, fog lights are made to help you see the road surface when it is foggy. Fog lights blind other drivers in non-foggy conditions.
Old 10-27-2015, 06:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DimaA6_ABC_Kiev
Do you have fog every night? Headlights are made to help you see the things (including teh road) when it is dark, fog lights are made to help you see the road surface when it is foggy. Fog lights blind other drivers in non-foggy conditions.
Well they call them fog lights, bu more like extra headlights to me, live and travel all over Atlantic Canada at night....
Old 10-27-2015, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 358 Likes on 210 Posts

Well they call them fog lights, bu more like extra headlights to me, live and travel all over Atlantic Canada at night....
Fog lights when visibility is not seriously reduced is often prohibited in most country

Name says it all: fog lights

Last edited by spijun; 10-27-2015 at 07:02 AM.
Old 10-30-2015, 10:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default FOG lights

Originally Posted by DimaA6_ABC_Kiev

Thank you very much.... I really hate it when a car coming the opposite direction has its fog lights on.... I wish ALL cars with fog lights had the same type of switch the Audis use .... Off every time veh is shut off...

LJ
Old 10-31-2015, 01:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, you can set them to turn on when your headlights are on with the carista app
Old 10-31-2015, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Driving or fog lights are not illegal to use or have on in the USA, in the state I live in we cane up to 4 forward facing lights on at the same time. I drive with my driving lights on when I drive my truck, it puts out extra light and helps illuminate more of the road.

I wondered about this option as well, Carista is on its way to me right now.

Quick Reply: Q5 is there a way to have fog lights turn on automatically?