Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

q5 trailer module and harness wiring question?????

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2022, 10:02 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ekkar
You can get this from Kufatec! They ship worldwide it seems

oh really. Have you got a link? I can’t seem to find it anywhere?

thanks so much
Old 08-26-2022, 10:11 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Maxroadnight
oh really. Have you got a link? I can’t seem to find it anywhere?

thanks so much
Ofc, here you go!
https://www.kufatec.com/en/audi/q5/q...di-q5-8r-43053
Old 08-26-2022, 12:20 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Ekkar

amazing thanks. Just ordered.
Old 09-27-2022, 05:49 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Errors after installation

Hello again guys,

I have now mounted my towbar and everything went smoothly! Tho ofc I received the infamous trailer indicator errors, and they won't go away.. Have tried the method mentioned a few times now :/
Hooked up a trailer and tried it out and they work just fine.. I also have another strange error, when the module is plugged in the rear fog light doesn't work. Button lights up for a sec to go out again, no error in dash.

Attaching my coding and the error I currently have:

Engine - Here my bits somwhat differed from the guide. But I guess it's fine since I don't have any errors regarding this.

Brakes - Exactly as the guide

Brakes - This extra bit was already activated

Central Electrics - Same as guide, have also tried with that last one activated with same result

46 - Same as guide

Error in trailer module, no other errors regarding to any of this
Thank you!
Old 07-03-2024, 10:44 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi everyone,

First time on the forum and I need your help. i installed
CURT : Aries Automotive 51126: Brk Cntrl
2 Quick Plug Brake Controller Wiring Harness
3. Curt Manufacturing 57672 4 Way Flat To Both 7 Way Round And 4 Way Flat Adapter

that at the end I should connect the blue wire that is for the electric brake. I NEED HELP HERE BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FIND THE BLUE WIRE. WHERE IS IT LOCATED??? PLEASE.
Old 07-03-2024, 11:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 82 Likes on 59 Posts

Check out my post HERE and hopefully that will explain the brake controller connection.
Red and Blue from the brake controller go back to the trailer. RED = Brake lights BLUE = Electric Brake Output from BC
There's a 4-pin plug under the dash that connects to your BC. I recall it being a PITA to find but it's in there. Wrapped in that sticky cloth tape. Grab a Curt harness 51522 to connect to that hidden plug in the dash, lop off the other plug on that harness (not needed) and connect/match the wire colors to your BC and you're all set. The Black in that plug will provide power to your BC and white provides ground.
Old 07-04-2024, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thank you very much for your advice. I installed the Curt Brake Controller and now I need to install the 7 way trailer plugs. Plugs is also Curt and has o blue wire for electric brakes

. Is it enough to just connect the blue to the blue coming from the controller???. Please look at the attached two pictures.
Old 07-04-2024, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 82 Likes on 59 Posts

I really have no idea what that box is. I'm guessing you're not installing an Audi Towing Control Module (8K0907383E)? The factory towing harness (with 7-blade) would normally plug into a 2-pin Red & Blue plug straight from the Brake Controllers Red & Blue under the dash. That 2-pin plug can be found wrapped in foam just under the Tow Control Module against the wheel well. (see pic below) As I mentioned earlier, Red is brake lights (pin 5) and Blue is brake controller voltage (pin 2). Finding turn signals is a major pain in the Q5 as well. I don't know what you're gonna do about running lights, reverse and charging without the Control Module unless you plan to just use the 4-pin wires for towing on the 7-pin.

Old 07-04-2024, 02:47 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi again, maybe I should have mentioned first that I have the Tekonsha module installed for the flet 4 vier plug which works fine. Now I bought a boat that has 7 pin plugs and an electric brake. I need to install a dual output adapter that has a connection for an electric brake. I bought a Kurt dual output adapter. In order to be able to control the brakes of the trailer, I need: Brake controller and a harness that connects to the connector under the steering wheel (according to your instructions). I found and connected the harness and I connected the other end to the Brake Controller.. I still have to install the 7 pin Adapter. Everything is clear to me except for the blue wire which is the power supply for the electric brake. Can I connect the blue wire to the connector that I took a picture of and that you showed in the picture. Is it a power supply for electricity? brake?? All components are Kurt except for the first Tekonsha module. As always, Audi components are outrageously expensive (in fact double). I apologize for the long description, but I would like to know if I am doing all this correctly or if everything is wrong.. Cheers..