Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Q5 vs Cayenne

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 08:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hence didn't even bother joing the Porsche forums when I was doing my research. Just went out and read up and bought. Just reading the forums irritates me. They're worst than BMW owners. :-)

-ThinkMac-
Old 09-27-2010, 08:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ELEVENS
You may be onto something there Ellwer. I know plenty of nice, genuine Porsche owners. But for some reason, the marque also attracts its fair share of arrogant dicks that makes Porsche ownership an embarrassment to some.
wow. Seem to get this from some Audi owners when I really don't act all excited that my car is a Audi. I love to see their face when I tell them I bought the car on looks alone. I drive a 2010 s5. I really did. This is my first Audi and I just like the design. I also looked at a genius coupe but I did not want to take a huge hit on resell.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Ellwer
Thanks for the input. I have decided to go with the Q5 Prestige. At the end of the day, I need this car for a daily utilitarian hauler. Although the Porsche certainly is faster and the interior is gorgeous, I think that my dollars will be better spent elswhere. Just because you can buy it, doesn't mean you should. I am really waiting for an RS7, if it actually comes to fruition; I look at this as a fun, temporary placeholder.

I posted the same question on the Cayenne board at 6 speed, and although the response was somewhat as expected, in support of Cayenne, I was amazed at the difference in attitude compared to Audiworld. The feeling I got there was "hey if you have to ask, then maybe you can't afford it." Here the attitude was much more helpful and down to earth. I have plenty of "means" and could easily have gotten either car; just wanted some honest input, which I certainly got here. Thanks all!!
congrats! welcome to the family.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The reviews on the new Cayenne have been all positive so far.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Havne't you seen the front end of the cayenne? Dear god that thing is atroucious looking. Great looking everywhere else you stand though.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Q5 vs Cajun??

Originally Posted by boltsfan
Funny cause my wife keeps sayin she thinks our Q5 looks like the Cayenne.
Get a load of this:
http://www.thepassinglane.ca/2010/09...led-cajun.html

New Porsche SUV could be called Cajun

A new Porsche SUV could be based on the Audi Q5, shown.

By Paul McVeigh, Automotive News Europe

Volkswagen AG CEO Martin Winterkorn said a new Porsche small SUV will be brought to market soon as part of plans to expand the sports car brand's lineup to boost sales.

Winterkorn said Porsche will get "a new SUV, a smaller brother to the Cayenne which might be named Cajun." He was speaking in an interview with German magazine Der Spiegel that was published Monday.

Volkswagen is taking over Porsche Automobil Holding SE's carmaking operations as the companies build on a partnership that includes sharing vehicle platforms.
The Porsche Cayenne shares a platform with the VW Touareg and Audi Q7.

Winterkorn wants Porsche to expand its four-model lineup to double sales in the medium term to 150,000 cars and SUVs. Besides a small SUV based on the Audi Q5, Porsche could build a new small sports car.

German press reports have said Porsche could launch sales of the small SUV at the end of 2014 or early 2015.

Last edited by ben_aip; 09-29-2010 at 12:12 AM.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ben_aip
New Porsche SUV could be called Cajun

A new Porsche SUV could be based on the Audi Q5, shown.
I'd rather drive a Jalapeno or a Habanero than a Cajun.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by ELEVENS
You may be onto something there Ellwer. I know plenty of nice, genuine Porsche owners. But for some reason, the marque also attracts its fair share of arrogant dicks that makes Porsche ownership an embarrassment to some.
Yea, I dunno... I think any high end Marque attracts dicks. Good lord, I have met plenty of Audi drivers that are dicks as well. As far as the dick-scale runs BMW has to have the biggest amount, after that I think Audi edges out Porsche to be honest - and Im in both camps - for a long time. Come to think of it, Im a dick no matter what I drive, 'til u get to know me lol

I came out of a Cayman S into my Q5 and haven't looked back. This was to be a daily driver for me and I don't think I could have chosen better. I wasn't going to spend the money for a new Cayenne, but I did shop some used ones in the price range of my new Q5. The Q5 was big enough for my needs and has an adequate towing capacity for what I wanted. The Cayenne would have just been excess-everthing and it would have cost me more to drive every time I turned the key.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by quattro v1.0
As far as the dick-scale runs BMW has to have the biggest amount,
I certainly have to agree with that. You guys heard of that old joke? Whats the difference between a BMW and a dog, the dick is on the outside of the dog
Old 09-29-2010, 03:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Coming from a Porsche guy, I think I can share this one:

What is the difference between a Porsche and a Porcupine?

The Porsche has the ****** on the INSIDE LOLOL

If you can't laugh at yourself every once in a while who can ya laugh at ;o]

Quick Reply: Q5 vs Cayenne