Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Q5TEALTH 3.0TDI

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 11:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Q5TEALTH 3.0TDI

figured its about time to introduce the car here...

I live in northern Europe and purchased the Q5 from Germany a couple of months ago, it actually belonged to an Audi AG employee in Ingolstadt so it came from an excellent home with 20,000km's on it. Its a 3.0TDI which is the same engine I had on my A4, imo one of the best engines Audi has made.

First thing I did with the car was drop it about 4" with coilovers. I also got wider 20" oem wheels for winter use (these are an option for the S5 I believe), purchased a regular grill (as opposed to the S-line) and painted it black, and wrapped all the chrome matt black. I also just finished tinting the tail lights with Lamin-x.

Now a disclaimer: I'm sure the suspension will divide opinions but I'm very happy with it. I love the way it looks with the heavy drop and it handles great. its stiff of course, but I'm used to driving slammed sedans and hatchbacks so it feels very comfortable to me.

future plans include painting the winter wheels black, and new (and more interesting) wheels for next summer...

So, photos:

Q5TEALTH 3.0TDI-g5wly.jpg

Q5TEALTH 3.0TDI-qxraa.jpg

Q5TEALTH 3.0TDI-nqxbd.jpg

Q5TEALTH 3.0TDI-zgxha.jpg

Last edited by arcS; 12-08-2012 at 11:08 AM.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Badass!
Old 12-07-2012, 12:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by arcS
Now a disclaimer: I'm sure the suspension will divide opinions but I'm very happy with it. I love the way it looks with the heavy drop and it handles great. its stiff of course, but I'm used to driving slammed sedans and hatchbacks so it feels very comfortable to me.
Hate the slammed look personally, but that's just me and if you like it then more power to you. Your car, not mine. I prefer a nice even wheel gap otherwise everything looks wrong.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

I like it! I know I'd hate the ride, but it's stance looks very nice.

Now with that said, I think instead of the matte black paint on the chrome, I would have had it re-done in black chrome. That would class it back up again.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I don't understand why people put short springs to make it lower. One of my biggest reason to buy CUV is higher seat position for better view.
It's just my opinion. If you like it, that's ok for you.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Looks great!! You might be interested in the RS-style grille, which will be available for order soon from LLTEK.

Looking forward to your updates
Old 12-07-2012, 01:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Q5White13
I don't understand why people put short springs to make it lower. One of my biggest reason to buy CUV is higher seat position for better view.
It's just my opinion. If you like it, that's ok for you.
but its so much easier to wash the roof!

Seriously though, like I said, I lower my cars because I like the way a lower stance looks and handles, simple as that. I don't really care for sitting higher, I prefer closer to the ground its still notably higher than a sedan, which means its easier to enter, more roomy on the inside, easier to but my daughter in the back seat etc etc.

I understand that its not for everyone, thats fine of course!

Last edited by arcS; 12-07-2012 at 01:05 PM.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by D_Frost
Looks great!! You might be interested in the RS-style grille, which will be available for order soon from LLTEK.

Looking forward to your updates
thanks!

I heard about the grille, but I think I like the basic one the most
Old 12-07-2012, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beautiful man!

Can't wait to see it with dark rims.

Snow pics look really sweet with a blacked out ride.

Good lookin' Q right there...

(If you change your mind on the grille D_Frost mentioned, the e-mails should be going out soon for the first batch of them being discounted for our boards members. Love what you did with yours tho.)
Old 12-07-2012, 02:10 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Love the stance! Including the forward rake. What size tires are you running? Any rubbing?

I told myself I wouldn't be lowering our Q5, but your pictures have me rethinking that decision...

Quick Reply: Q5TEALTH 3.0TDI