Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Question about tune

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NHman
I agree with that as CarFax would only should accidents, service records through the dealer and ownership history. I did proof-read my post but I should've added that it is customary for the Used Car Manager to look at C.F. and conduct a road test which may not reveal a ECU tune. However I wonder with Audi's new policy associated with the TD1 flag if the dealer will connect a potential trade-in to their system. Otherwise they are on the hook for the reflash or selling a car without a factory warranty.
Audi flagging is usually messing with the codings, such as speed limiter, VAG-com coding. CarFAX only show accidents and services done by the dealer which is correct. but there are some accidents that insurance does not post up on the carfax. Honestly thou, if you had your car tuned different from a stock car the test driver from Audi will not even notice. for an example when i traded by Honda Civic Si in, the car was still tuned, no rev hang or rev limiter but i did remove the tune before the car was dropped off. They did not know at all. Even left the header in there lol