Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

radar detectors

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 05:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Coolieman1220 that's good info. Thanks.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I think maybe the bigger question is, does disabling POP in the V1 indeed fix the side-assist interference problem. There are reports that say it does not.

Last edited by ELEVENS; 07-21-2010 at 09:01 AM.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:34 AM
NVP
AudiWorld Newcomer

I followed instructions in http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...h-newbies.html and it worked for me.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ELEVENS
I think maybe the bigger question is, does disabling POP in the V1 does indeed fix the side-assist interference problem. There are reports that say it does not.
I guess i will report back on Friday night.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Coolieman1220
and how much did you spend? i'm not gonna comment but the price difference between my v1 and your custom install would allow me to install some laser jammers...
$1,200 installed.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ELEVENS
I think maybe the bigger question is, does disabling POP in the V1 indeed fix the side-assist interference problem. There are reports that say it does not.
This weekend i took a 400 mile round trip from NYC up north to Saratoga Springs. About 150 miles of it each way involved highway driving with lots of woods around (I-87). The Valentine 1 was great. Right out of the box I disabled POP and the V1 was not interfering with my Q5's side assist at ALL. So those of you who are hesitant may feel free to purchase one
Old 07-25-2010, 12:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bayridgeguy
This weekend i took a 400 mile round trip from NYC up north to Saratoga Springs. About 150 miles of it each way involved highway driving with lots of woods around (I-87). The Valentine 1 was great. Right out of the box I disabled POP and the V1 was not interfering with my Q5's side assist at ALL. So those of you who are hesitant may feel free to purchase one
I love driving on the thruway! can go fast with the cops running C/O
Old 07-25-2010, 03:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yeap, constant on Ka.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

The V1 is the best thing ever. 2 cars ago i got one and it saved me a LOT on 87 in NY and the NJ Turnpike. Car got boring after that and didnt need it, luckily someone broke into my car and stole it and helped me not need it. Now i think i need to buy it again with the Q5
Old 08-09-2010, 06:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by bayridgeguy
I hear you...was on I-87N last Saturday afternoon - heading to Cape Cod...and yep, stopped doin' 79. Got that ticket. The thing that ticked me off was that I was not going any faster in that left lane than anyone else - I was in a whole line of cars in that lane at that speed.
And as we were speaking - post ticket, I said that "I know that's not a proper excuse, but as we are speaking those cars zippin' by us are going as fast or faster than I was going", he said something to the effect of "yes, but I caught you".
No excuse on my part really, speed limit is 65, clearly posted, but traffic was so light and I as mentioned to the PO (who was perfectly polite) a simple "Bob, you were going above the limit, your record is good, next time, you are getting a ticket" would be just as effective with me as giving me the ticket. Of course, pretty much once they take your liscense and reg, you won a ticket, any discission later is a waste of time.
Kinda makes me wonder, since I was the only one on camera, if the fact that that black, waxed Audi stood out amongst the Tauras', Hondas and Chevys'? Anyhow, are RD's legal in NJ/NY?

Bob

Quick Reply: radar detectors