Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Remote Close Tailgate Modules

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Remote Close Tailgate Modules

Hello, I have newly registered as a Vendor who manufactures user installable modules that allow you to close your tailgate from the remote or drivers door mounted buttons.

The module takes the average owner from 20-30 minutes to install with no special tools or knowledge required. If you are not comfortable with the installation procedure, a local stereo shop will install it for a half hour of labor.

The module sell for $115 shipped within the USA and $125 shipped outside the USA. PayPal preferred.

Attached Files
Old 01-05-2015, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You had me until I saw the instructions using tap connectors......
Old 01-05-2015, 09:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hilld
You had me until I saw the instructions using tap connectors......
I'm sure you are not REQUIRED to use tap connectors.
Old 01-05-2015, 01:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Remote Close Tailgate Modules

Soldering is obviously a better connection, but beyond the installation capabilities of some...

There are over a hundred modules installed using taps with no issues, and some wanted them to be able to disconnect if needed, but you should feel free to connect in any you prefer.
Old 01-05-2015, 01:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How about using an inline M/F connector that doesn't require cutting, soldering, splicing, etc. Easy to return to stock for those people leasing a vehicle (not me).

Something similar to this.

Last edited by hilld; 01-05-2015 at 01:14 PM.
Old 01-05-2015, 02:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Would these work on a Q7/Toureg/Cayenne?
Old 01-05-2015, 02:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Remote Tailgate Close Module

They definitely work on the Q7's. I'm quite sure that the module would also work in the others, but we would need to determine which three wires to connect to. If anybody lives in the Cincinnati area and has a Toureg or Cayenne, I would supply and install one for free to verify the wires, correct lengths, and disassembly required...

Originally Posted by HOiYA
Would these work on a Q7/Toureg/Cayenne?
Old 01-05-2015, 02:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Dougrobling
They definitely work on the Q7's. I'm quite sure that the module would also work in the others, but we would need to determine which three wires to connect to. If anybody lives in the Cincinnati area and has a Toureg or Cayenne, I would supply and install one for free to verify the wires, correct lengths, and disassembly required...
Unfortunately I'm not local to you. I'll cross post on a Cayenne forum to see if I can find a volunteer though.
Old 01-05-2015, 07:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

Soldering and guillotine taps (ScotchLock) both have failure modes but the key point for either is "A poor worker blames his tools." I've had both hold up in cars 20+ years, when properly sized, made, and secured.

The stereo shops that like to twist'n'tape for everything because it is quick and cheap, are the only ones guaranteed to fail. Usually on a starter interrupt or something equally important in the middle of a downpour at night.

Inline plugs would be nice, but there are thousands of "packcons" out there. First you'd have to match the make, then start assembling short connectors, and done properly that's really going to bump costs if it is done well.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I have this and it works great. Install is easy and instructions are detailed and easy to follow.

Quick Reply: Remote Close Tailgate Modules