Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Remote Key Seat Memory Not working

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 10:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rfmassa
I have never seen any seat movement on its own after unlocking.
Mine does. I walk up to the car, grab the door handle, the car unlocks, then the seat and mirrors move to my settings. It will also adjust if I hit the unlock button on the remote.

Now the thing that I can't figure out is how to make my wife's key do the same thing. She has to press her number to adjust her settings.

I followed the directions in the manual. One works, one doesn't
Old 10-07-2009, 05:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have the conveniance key option. Maybe that makes a difference. But I have only tried to make it work a couple times. Maybe I should try the other remote, since yours only works with one of them.
-Thanks.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

I do not have the memory option, but in my opinion, you must have the Advanced key in order to let the car switch automatically to personalised settings (mirrors, seats, radio, aso)
without Advanced Key, you have to turn the **** to the desired position
Old 10-07-2009, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

+1

Only with advanced key do you get the seats to automatically move once you get inside the car.

Without advanced key make sure you go through MMI and have you Driver seat profile or something like that switched on. Then you have to manually press the buttons to get the seat to move to your stored position.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Make sure you hear the beep as well when you are storing your seating position.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Actually you have to go through MMI for both keys in order for each key to have their settings stored. Applies to both advanced and regular key.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks. That would explain it. I'll have to check my manual tonight just to see if that was clearly defined that the seats moved when unlocking, only for the Advanced key option.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default My Q5 is so new I haven't yet tried it but...

Originally Posted by rfmassa
I have never seen any seat movement on its own after unlocking.

I have set the seat position.
Set the memory button.
Off button is NOT off.
Readjusted seat, pushed memory button to confirm that at least that worked. It did move the seat to my stored position.
Readjusted seat again to an abnormal position.
Locked car with key fob.
Unlocked car with same key fob. Seat does NOT move on its own.

I have not spent a lot of time with this yet, but I must be doing something wrong.
the way it works on my BMW is: it remembers the last position of the seat when being operated with key"A"(regardless of what the seat memory buttons are set to). The seat memory buttons are set to the car only and have nothing to do with the key fobs. If wife takes her key"B" and drives the car(and adjusts seat to her specs), it will return to my specs as soon as I unlock the car with key"A". The presets in the car have nothing to do with the seat position remembered by the keys. Not sure if Audi mimics this or not.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by qsuv
+1

Only with advanced key do you get the seats to automatically move once you get inside the car.

Without advanced key make sure you go through MMI and have you Driver seat profile or something like that switched on. Then you have to manually press the buttons to get the seat to move to your stored position.
Once again, the seat memory works fine with the remote on my Premium Plus (i.e. no advanced key), so I must say your statement is false. Here's what I did:

Turn on the ignition (engine off) with key 1.

Go into Car menu and activate driver's seat memory key profile (via MMI).

Once seat and mirrors are in desired position, set memory to profile 1 (on the door).

Turn off ignition, repeat with key 2.

Now if I lock the car with key 1 (seat in position 1) and unlock with key 2, when I open the door the seat and mirrors move into position 2. Just did it again to confirm.

Last edited by AudiCO; 10-07-2009 at 11:17 AM.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by AudiCO
Once again, the seat memory works fine with the remote on my Premium Plus (i.e. no advanced key), so I must say your statement is false. Here's what I did:

Turn on the ignition (engine off) with key 1.

Go into Car menu and activate driver's seat memory key profile (via MMI).

Once seat and mirrors are in desired position, set memory to profile 1 (on the door).

Turn off ignition, repeat with key 2.

Now if I lock the car with key 1 (seat in position 1) and unlock with key 2, when I open the door the seat and mirrors move into position 2. Just did it again to confirm.
I'm talking about using just one key. It's not false.

Quick Reply: Remote Key Seat Memory Not working