Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Remote Key Seat Memory Not working

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 02:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by qsuv
I'm talking about storing memory settings. I was trying to help him on storing memory settings.
Then evidently you are in need of reading my comments to discover your error.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiCO
Then evidently you are in need of reading my comments to discover your error.
You said this, "I was replying to your false statement that only advanced key operates the seat memory, still false".

We talking seat memory correct?

I also said in response to your first paragraph that seats don't move when using only one key.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

You said this, "I was replying to your false statement that only advanced key operates the seat memory, still false".

We talking seat memory correct?

I also said in response to your first paragraph that seats don't move when using only one key.
We're talking about key seat memory, the purpose of which is to move the seat into the stored position (in addition to the exterior mirrors) depending on which key you are using. Therefore you can have a seat position assigned to each key (including non-advanced key) and when you unlock the car using either key it will move the seat and mirrors into their respective stored position upon opening the driver's door without pressing either memory button on the door.

Last edited by AudiCO; 10-07-2009 at 03:17 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 10-07-2009, 03:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

We're talking about seat memory, the purpose of which is to move the seat into the stored position (in addition to the exterior mirrors) depending on which key you are using. Therefore you can have a seat position assigned to each key (including non-advanced key) and when you unlock the car using each key it will move the seat and mirrors into their respective stored position upon opening the driver's door.
I was trying show how to store memory for each key so he won't have a problem when he uses either of his keys. I know the purpose is to move the seats but if you can't store it correctly in the first place then that point is moot.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

I was trying show how to store memory for each key so he won't have a problem when he uses either of his keys. I know the purpose is to move the seats but if you can't store it correctly in the first place then that point is moot.
If you had bothered to read the Original Post, you would have seen that he was talking about having trouble getting the seat to move simply by using the remote, which, again, does work.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

If you had bothered to read the Original Post, you would have seen that he was talking about having trouble getting the seat to move simply by using the remote, which, again, does work.
Well if you bothered to understand what is being said then you should be able to comprehend that if the seat hasn't been STORED correctly then it wouldn't be able move to the stored memory position.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

when using the key fob.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

FYI.
I have no problem with the memory seat position being stored; never had. Just the remote restoring the previously stored position when unlocking the car with the same remote. I will try AUDICOs method in a few minutes and see what happens.
-Thanks
Old 10-07-2009, 04:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Well if you bothered to understand what is being said then you should be able to comprehend that if the seat hasn't been STORED correctly then it wouldn't be able move to the stored memory position.
How difficult is it to store a seat setting, it takes two button presses; clearly not worth the effort of starting an entire thread, and therefore I do not believe that to be the problem.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by rfmassa
FYI.
I have no problem with the memory seat position being stored; never had. Just the remote restoring the previously stored position when unlocking the car with the same remote. I will try AUDICOs method in a few minutes and see what happens.
-Thanks
Are you sure your driver profile settings is turned on for both keys?

Quick Reply: Remote Key Seat Memory Not working