Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017
Old 07-25-2016, 01:01 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi Q5 or Q7 Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Remote Starter Installed!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 04:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool! That's an Android App right?
Old 01-26-2011, 06:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by JennyC
Cool! That's an Android App right?
There's a SmartStart app for Android, iPhone and Blackberry.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for sharing.

I started a thread a month ago wondering why the most manufacturers including Audi don't have remote start as standard feature. Ford will be phazing in standard remote start on their cars starting MY2011.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I especially went looking for it when I saw the Android app, but I tried a few places here in DFW and all said they didn't have the 'interface module yet' !!!

Ever since I had my first remote start in 1998, I've installed it on all vehicles since... more for the AC in the summer than heat in the winter, but we have relatively mild winters and not so mild summers here

Will have to shop around more... that pano roof on top of a black on black vehicle can be 'fun' to cool off !!!
Old 06-01-2011, 10:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo
that pano roof on top of a black on black vehicle can be 'fun' to cool off !!!
That's exactly why I had mine tinted.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Remote start together with keyless entry is standard equipment on higher end (under $30k) VW Passat. Why can't it be standard equipment on the Audi?
Old 07-18-2011, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Barksdale
That's exactly why I had mine tinted.
Us too!!
Old 07-18-2011, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by opus360
Thanks for sharing.

I started a thread a month ago wondering why the most manufacturers including Audi don't have remote start as standard feature. Ford will be phazing in standard remote start on their cars starting MY2011.
My 2010 Grand Cherokee came with factory remote start. Wife wondered the same thing why an Audi would not offer this. Glad to see there are options though and really like the app route. Only issue with that is she has a Palm (webOS) phone (she works for HP), so she might not have an app to use.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Q5Dawg
My 2010 Grand Cherokee came with factory remote start. Wife wondered the same thing why an Audi would not offer this. Glad to see there are options though and really like the app route. Only issue with that is she has a Palm (webOS) phone (she works for HP), so she might not have an app to use.
Like others have mentioned and my dealer told me the same; remote start will void your warranty. The OP is located in Canada where their laws apparently protect you from losing your warranty after adding aftermarket equipment. It would be in your best interest to check for yourself first.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Lyth
Like others have mentioned and my dealer told me the same; remote start will void your warranty. The OP is located in Canada where their laws apparently protect you from losing your warranty after adding aftermarket equipment. It would be in your best interest to check for yourself first.
What the Dealer should tell you is that any modifications you make to your vehicle, if they cause your vehicle to fail in anyway, they are not responsible to repair it under warranty. Saying it will void your warranty outright is wrong and frankly illegal.

If I add an aftermarket car starter to my vehicle and the muffler falls off, thats covered under warranty. If the starter burns out, and they can prove the remote car starter did it, they have every right to not cover it.

Quick Reply: Remote Starter Installed!