Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Is it Saturday yet?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 07:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it Saturday yet?

Sup fellow Q5ers. I will be joining your prestigious ranks as of Sat. My black on beige Premium Plus with Nav comes in. This car will be for the wifey and its a surprise...... so no-one here tell her I cant wait. I live in NY (Long Island to be exact) and I have yet to see a Q5 on the road, so I feel like she will be driving a unique car (Crossover, SUV - I am not sure how to describe it). This is my 4th Audi in the past 10 years and her first. I am leasing the Audi, so I wont be doing too many extras to it but I will tint the front windshield and door windows. Blackout the lower reverse lights in the rear and the amber turn signals in the front. Thinking about painting the chrome surround and grill in black (like the ABT grill - which IMHO looks real nice). Then a nice set of 20" wheels sound be the end of it. Wow, now that I read what I wrote, it seems like alot.
I just can't wait till Sat. Have a great day
Old 04-08-2009, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow!
Nice present --> happy wife - happy life!
Congrats.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Congrats! Nice gift for the wife. She (and you) is gonna love it. Funny enough, I live in L.A. and have not seen one on the road here either (except mine, of course). I love this car!
Old 04-08-2009, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Congrats.

saw my first one on the road yesterday.

cant miss the led lights.

she will love it.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by FitzLA
Congrats! Nice gift for the wife. She (and you) is gonna love it. Funny enough, I live in L.A. and have not seen one on the road here either (except mine, of course). I love this car!
Interesting - I only saw ones - black one in Encino.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by TIME89
Interesting - I only saw ones - black one in Encino.
Well it wasn't me because I haven't been in Encino lately. I'm an east side city boy. LOL.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thank you everybody. Thats funny that there have been so few Q5 sightings, when you talk to the dealer they claim they cant keep it in stock bc they sell so fast. Go figure.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by AUDISYTE
Thank you everybody. Thats funny that there have been so few Q5 sightings, when you talk to the dealer they claim they cant keep it in stock bc they sell so fast. Go figure.
When I went to test drive - I have to wait when family in front of me get back from their test drive. And my local center has 2 Q5 for test drive.
There not so many good Crossover SUV on Market right now.
BMW should pull all their heir to release new X3 early.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The day I went in to test drive, they told me they sold 8 over the weekend. I checked their inventory online that night, and they had 14 in stock, including the one I wanted. To this day (2 weeks later?) they still have 11 in stock. I highly doubt they sold 8 over that weekend. I even got mine for just over invoice.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Sup fellow Q5ers. I will be joining your prestigious ranks as of Sat. My black on beige Premium Plus with Nav comes in. This car will be for the wifey and its a surprise...... so no-one here tell her I cant wait. I live in NY (Long Island to be exact) and I have yet to see a Q5 on the road, so I feel like she will be driving a unique car (Crossover, SUV - I am not sure how to describe it). This is my 4th Audi in the past 10 years and her first. I am leasing the Audi, so I wont be doing too many extras to it but I will tint the front windshield and door windows. Blackout the lower reverse lights in the rear and the amber turn signals in the front. Thinking about painting the chrome surround and grill in black (like the ABT grill - which IMHO looks real nice). Then a nice set of 20" wheels sound be the end of it. Wow, now that I read what I wrote, it seems like alot.
I just can't wait till Sat. Have a great day

fellow Islander here, mind telling me which dealer you used?

Quick Reply: Is it Saturday yet?