Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Service Light Won't Go Away. Oil Check!! Already added oil.

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service Light Won't Go Away. Oil Check!! Already added oil.

So I already did an oil change and added the oil to my Audi Q5 and the Service Light won't go away STILL. I already reset the Oil change interval and nothing. The service light continues to appear and It's on red saying "WARNING: Please add oil immediately!" I ALREADY HAVE AND ITS BEEN RUNNING JUST FINE. Can someone please help here. I really don't want to get this issue fixed at the dealership.
Old 06-15-2013, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Umm you might WANT to take it to the dealer... either you add too little or the sensor is broken... but if you add too much, you'll end up having to have to take it to the dealer...
Old 06-15-2013, 10:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Is your Q5 still under warranty? if so, it sounds like a trip to the dealership is advised. If no warranty you might have to bite the bullet or find good independent mechanic who works on Audi/VW vehicles.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Q5 Bob
Is your Q5 still under warranty? if so, it sounds like a trip to the dealership is advised. If no warranty you might have to bite the bullet or find good independent mechanic who works on Audi/VW vehicles.
Had a similar problem, turned out to be a malfunctioning sensor. As previously mentioned be careful as adding too much oil can damage your car.

P.s. stop creating duplicate posts and threads.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 358 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by veneco28
So I already did an oil change and added the oil to my Audi Q5 and the Service Light won't go away STILL. I already reset the Oil change interval and nothing. The service light continues to appear and It's on red saying "WARNING: Please add oil immediately!" I ALREADY HAVE AND ITS BEEN RUNNING JUST FINE. Can someone please help here. I really don't want to get this issue fixed at the dealership.
Why new Thread ????
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2848956
Old 06-15-2013, 02:23 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by spijun
Originally Posted by gronk
Had a similar problem, turned out to be a malfunctioning sensor. As previously mentioned be careful as adding too much oil can damage your car.

P.s. stop creating duplicate posts and threads.
Originally Posted by SteveDu
Umm you might WANT to take it to the dealer... either you add too little or the sensor is broken... but if you add too much, you'll end up having to have to take it to the dealer...
Originally Posted by Q5 Bob
What If I buy the right oil dipstick for the SUV? Instead of relying on the electronic MMI oil level indicator? I then would have the ability to measure the oil level and make sure I didn't put too much or too little oil. But my question is would it resolve the problem with the service light being on ..
Old 06-15-2013, 05:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 213 Likes on 174 Posts

You can only reset the oil change light in the MMI. Resetting that does not reset the service light. You need the dealer for that or VCDS cable and software. If you are more than a quart low you will get that message to add oil immediately.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by veneco28
Not sure what else you what someone to say. The advice has been to take it to a dealer or good Audi mechanic. There's no magic button to press to make everything perfect again you need to get your Q5 checked out.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by thinktwice
Not sure what else you what someone to say. The advice has been to take it to a dealer or good Audi mechanic. There's no magic button to press to make everything perfect again you need to get your Q5 checked out.
Lol disregard. I just realized the messages are in ASCENDING order not DESCENDING.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by thinktwice
Lol disregard. I just realized the messages are in ASCENDING order not DESCENDING.
Welcome to the forum

Quick Reply: Service Light Won't Go Away. Oil Check!! Already added oil.