Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Sirius Subscription Headsup...

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sirius Subscription Headsup...

My radio informed me a few weeks ago that the free Sirius subscription had expired. Since my main interest is music, with all the other available Q5 music options, I rarely listened to satellite radio. Anyway, today I called Sirius to ask about plans. After a short discussion, the representative offered a one year subscription for $77 (half of the her first quote). I took her up on it (FYI, it's the same rate I've been paying for XM in the wife's CTS).

Also, I understand Sirius and XM will be adding a U.S. Music Royalty Fee of $1.98 monthly to new subscriptions after July 29, 2009.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Loophole
After a short discussion, the representative offered a one year subscription for $77 (half of the her first quote). I took her up on it (FYI, it's the same rate I've been paying for XM in the wife's CTS).
Wow, that's quite the discount. It would almost make it worthwhile, given the massive dropouts I experience. I've been meaning to post this for a while: is anyone else having a dropout problem? A quick internet search shows that it is endemic to Sirius right now, but I wanted to see what other Q5 owners were seeing.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had my Q5 for 4 months now, and my free trial was suppose to end a month ago. It's still going, never even got a notice from them. It was on when I bought the car, and I have a feeling that the dealership forgot to notify them of a purchase.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

We have had ours almost 4 months and Sirius has not contacted us either and we are still listening. We have an occasional drop out of reception here in West Tennessee but fairly rare.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I'm on the east coast and I've actually heard from several of my customers that they're having "linking" issues. I'm having the same problem with my A4. Only in certain areas though.
Thanks for the heads up as well Loophole.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

I've had reception issues as well, primarily in any area of tall buildings. I was in Vegas last week and couldn't even use the Sirius. Never had that problem with XM.

As far as free extensions, I have a 2007 Jeep Wrangler that I leased in June of 2007 with 6 month free Sirius subscription. 9 months later they finally turned it off. Makes you wonder if it's on purpose or if they're that disorganized.

phxflyboy
Old 07-22-2009, 08:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Tim and Fitz...

Didn't both you guys pick up your Q5s toward the last week of March? I got mine earlier, March 4. Unless your dealers somehow messed up your subscriptions, you can expect to loose Sirius service in a few weeks. Let us know when it disappears. Good luck.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

I got mine May 22nd, supposed to be 3 months of Sirius. We'll see what happens at the end of next month!

phxflyboy
Old 07-23-2009, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Free Subscription Time

Originally Posted by phxflyboy
I got mine May 22nd, supposed to be 3 months of Sirius. We'll see what happens at the end of next month!

phxflyboy
Weird, I called Sirius and they stated that the account was paid for for fifteen months...
Old 07-23-2009, 12:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Not so wierd actually,

I picked mine up 1st week of May and was told to contact Sirius to confirm the car had been sold because although there is 3 free months it would run out if I didn't tell them,

so I finally go around to it and when I set up my account with Sirius they told me that it was valid until April 2010!

So I said thanks and that was it,

Quick Reply: Sirius Subscription Headsup...