Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

So I just got my new Audi Q5...

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 03:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I just got my new Audi Q5...

And I totally love it! It's amazing. I've never driven or been in an Audi before and its just fantastic. I live in colorado and we already have gotten some snow. The car handled GREAT in it! Quattro is amazing : ) So happy. This was my number on reason for going with Audi. I did read a lot of posts on here about people having issues with the vehicle, but I believe it is to be expected with vehicles at this price point. Cars, my experience, never come out exactly perfect. They will almost always have issues, some more than others. (I have experienced some minor annoyances with the car, cosmetic related, but im trying to get over it. I get a little OCD sometimes lol)
I did debate for a while if whether going with a japanese car would be better because of reliability, but I wouldn't have gotten the performance i need and wanted.
So I got the 2010 Audi Q5 Prestige, in Meteor Gray, Black Interior, With the Luxury Package. OMG its sooo nice.
Yeah so I just wanted to tell you all how excited I am about the car! Hope all you other Q5 owners love it as much as I do.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have had my car since may and i still can't leave it alone. i don't think i would be wrong if i said that 99% of Q5 owners love their cars. congrats and enjoy your Q.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

It came down to the Q5 or the Lexus RX for us, the Q5 have a much better driving dynamics and the chassis and everything else is just plain old more solid than the RX. Also, there is like 6 older gen RX in our neighborhood.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The G Man
It came down to the Q5 or the Lexus RX for us, the Q5 have a much better driving dynamics and the chassis and everything else is just plain old more solid than the RX. Also, there is like 6 older gen RX in our neighborhood.
I was coming home from brunch last weekend and I decided to start counting how many RXs I saw over the distance of about two miles. RXs: 13, Q5s: 0. I guess Audi's ad campaign is not that far off base.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Congrats, emiliano5!!!!
Welcome to the Audi word!
Old 11-18-2009, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-20-2009, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by emiliano5
And I totally love it! It's amazing. I've never driven or been in an Audi before and its just fantastic. I live in colorado and we already have gotten some snow. The car handled GREAT in it! Quattro is amazing : ) So happy. This was my number on reason for going with Audi. I did read a lot of posts on here about people having issues with the vehicle, but I believe it is to be expected with vehicles at this price point. Cars, my experience, never come out exactly perfect. They will almost always have issues, some more than others. (I have experienced some minor annoyances with the car, cosmetic related, but im trying to get over it. I get a little OCD sometimes lol)
I did debate for a while if whether going with a japanese car would be better because of reliability, but I wouldn't have gotten the performance i need and wanted.
So I got the 2010 Audi Q5 Prestige, in Meteor Gray, Black Interior, With the Luxury Package. OMG its sooo nice.
Yeah so I just wanted to tell you all how excited I am about the car! Hope all you other Q5 owners love it as much as I do.
Congrats

Picture Food would be Great

BCD-1
Old 11-20-2009, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by PeteDin206
PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-20-2009, 11:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

TIME89

Great Post

BCD-1
Old 11-20-2009, 11:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by BCD-1
TIME89

Great Post

BCD-1

Quick Reply: So I just got my new Audi Q5...