Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

So, what are you paying for your Q5?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 09:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The G Man
Isnt these kind of threads great? " How much did you pay for so and so car" On the internet, everybody paid invoice or below
Perhaps we should start expecting a copy of the sales invoice to weed out the suspect posts?
Old 05-13-2010, 02:00 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

In Norway the price is $120.000 for a medium equiped Audi Q5. The taxations of new cars are too heavy.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by zaki626
Perhaps we should start expecting a copy of the sales invoice to weed out the suspect posts?
Heh...what's funny is I wouldn't be surprised by how many of these people who got '$500 over invoice' paid full doc/other fees or lost money on their trade-in. The truth is that the car was way too popular for most people to get a very good deal on.

My local dealer wouldn't budge on $250 below MSRP (that's even what the Costco no-haggle price was). I drove 250 miles to New Jersey to get $1250 over invoice with very little other mark-up from the dealer. Yeah I could have bargained more or shopped around for better, but he had it coming in and I wanted my Q5 soon :-)
Old 05-14-2010, 06:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

We paid $1100 over invoice or $1800 under MSRP in NJ. The dealer drove a hard negotiation not moving more than a hundred at a time.

We got a competitive bid to move him where we wanted to pay.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

I just have to reply....

We're paying cold hard cash... some of it is our's and some belongs to the bank for a few years.

I've always felt that a good deal is a good deal to the person who receives it. No matter what you do, someone else always seems to have gotten the better deal. Reminds me of the myths of the "WW2 jeeps in crates for sale for $500"...
Old 05-15-2010, 04:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yeah, I really think a lot of the posts pertaining to paying so little are nothing more than bragging rights. I'm sure the car is a little softer in some markets, but certainly not in mine. Any dealer that is selling at or BELOW invoice (as a couple of posts have boasted) is a dealer that won't be around long in my book. Doesn't make sense to sell a new vehicle for less than they paid for it.

I was able to talk my dealer down $500 off of MSRP and get Audi Care. Sounds like some here would think I got raped, but whatever. I'm not sitting around thinking about it, I'm too busy driving the car and loving every minute of it.
Old 05-15-2010, 05:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

I got a great deal on mine...but that was a year ago. No trade in and yes I had to pay the same doc fee that everyone pays there. With the 1000.00 loyalty I paid 200.00 under invoice as I've posted before. Although this deal did take some time to get and it's true about the end of month and that one more car sold to get there incentives. Probably doubtfull that I would get the same deal today but you never know.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by RCM09
I got a great deal on mine...but that was a year ago. No trade in and yes I had to pay the same doc fee that everyone pays there. With the 1000.00 loyalty I paid 200.00 under invoice as I've posted before. Although this deal did take some time to get and it's true about the end of month and that one more car sold to get there incentives. Probably doubtfull that I would get the same deal today but you never know.
Which Audi dealer did you buy your Q5 from in MA?
Old 05-17-2010, 05:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by gronk
Heh...what's funny is I wouldn't be surprised by how many of these people who got '$500 over invoice' paid full doc/other fees or lost money on their trade-in. The truth is that the car was way too popular for most people to get a very good deal on.

My local dealer wouldn't budge on $250 below MSRP (that's even what the Costco no-haggle price was). I drove 250 miles to New Jersey to get $1250 over invoice with very little other mark-up from the dealer. Yeah I could have bargained more or shopped around for better, but he had it coming in and I wanted my Q5 soon :-)
It's funny that you think there are so many idiots on this forum. You suspect that they overpaid on other fees or got bad trade-in deals, just because they got a better price than you did? For example, the deal I got, 500 over invoice, does not involve any trade-in. The salesman also confirmed that there are no other fees except for a $65 doc fee, and government/DMV fees. I will also be paying cash for the Q5, so they can't even make additional money on a loan fee or high interest rate.

I'm sure there are plenty of competent people here getting genuinely good deals, and not as many fools as you might think.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Picking up the wife's Q5 tonight:

Premium Plus
Navigation
19" wheels

Invoice + 400

Quick Reply: So, what are you paying for your Q5?