Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Something's wrong with this

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 08:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Something's wrong with this

So, my car was suppose to be del. from the port to the dealer this past sat. No show and Mon was a holiday. Tues getting inspected at port then on the truck. No show. Wed, on the trk supposedly. No show and no one could tell me where the trk was. Apparently the trucking co. won't/can't provide this info. This morning got a call from dealer - car in. Then they called back 20 minutes later and said the wrong car was sent and mine is still at the port. Audi, Waggoners and / or the dealer needs a better system!!
Old 01-06-2012, 04:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

others have posted that it's usually 1 week from when the car arrives in port till it gets to your dealership.

don't forget the dealer will need a few days for proper prep and inspection of your vehicle ... so plan to be waiting a bit more.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Well I think it's a problem of the dealer trying to please me too much w/o maybe having the correct info. and not being able to get info. from the trucker. Yesterday late the dealer called again and said it would be at the dealer this (Friday) am. Today(friday) they called and said they don't know where the truck is and will be Saturday....
Old 01-08-2012, 06:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Arrived !!
Old 01-08-2012, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats ! Pics or it didn't arrive !

Just noticed your avatar - I drove Land Rovers when I was overseas in Iran!
Could climb a tree with them ! but most were older than me

Last edited by JohnBoyToo; 01-08-2012 at 07:26 AM.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Congrats that it finally arrived. What kind of Q and options did you order? Post pics when you can.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Will put up some pics as soon as I can. Couple of questions, don't know if this deserves anew thread or not-- I can't find my tool kit, jack, etc. Manual says they are options??? Also, every time I start the car the radio is on. If I have it on mute and start the car, it is always on. If I turn of the MMI and shut the car off, when I start the car again and turn the MMI back on, the radio turns itself on. How can I keep it off? Also, can't figure out the a/c fan speed, it adjusts the driver side when the passenger changes their's? I have synchro turned off btw. Any ideas??? Tks !
Old 01-09-2012, 05:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

the tool kit is hidden form the consumer

IIRC as I've never looked for it
it is actually under the rear cargo area, under the tray, under a cover that looks like the regular carpet floor that you have to pull up the tab on
Old 01-09-2012, 05:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo
it is actually under the rear cargo area, under the tray, under a cover that looks like the regular carpet floor that you have to pull up the tab on
That's where it is. I recommend taking it out in the light, and not the dark. You'll better see how it fits back in there. I took mine out in the dark and have this U shaped piece of plastic I can't figure out where it goes now.

There is no way to keep the radio off either, it defaults to on. There is only one fan for the front of the car, so if the passenger, or driver adjusts their temp, it will affect the fan speed for both sides.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UrbanExtant

There is no way to keep the radio off either, it defaults to on. There is only one fan for the front of the car, so if the passenger, or driver adjusts their temp, it will affect the fan speed for both sides.
You can cut the radio off by pressing and holding the small button in the center of the volume ****. It will stay off until you cut it back on.
I agree that having separate controls for fan speed seems odd when there can be only one speed for both sides. The vent flow controls are used to attenuate flow for 1 side or the other. A bit crude for this level of luxury, IMO.

Last edited by HaveBullDogWillTravel; 01-09-2012 at 08:42 AM.

Quick Reply: Something's wrong with this