Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Sport seats, comfortable?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 11:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sport seats, comfortable?

I've seen comments both ways in other threads, and am very interested in how comfortable the sports seats are.

I haven't found any in the local area to try, so would appreciate comments on their comfort. Of course how they support during driving is important also. Thanks.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ATC69
I've seen comments both ways in other threads, and am very interested in how comfortable the sports seats are.

I haven't found any in the local area to try, so would appreciate comments on their comfort. Of course how they support during driving is important also. Thanks.
I found both types of seats to be comfortable -- sport and standard. I chose the sport seats and like them a lot. I find them comfortable for around town driving but can't comment on a long drive. I haven't had the opportunity to drive the vehicle for more than a 1 hour drive. The side bolstering is nice. It looks good and feels good. They feel more supportive than the seats in my old A4.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I agree with the above post. Both regular and sports seats I thought were comfortable when I test drove both. But in the end I liked the looks of the sports seats and the extra support so I got 2013 3.0T with the sports seats. And I don't regret it one bit!
Old 01-16-2013, 12:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

I think the sport seats are noticeably nicer than the standard ones. The thigh support extensions are a great feature, and on top of that, they're the only way to get the shift paddles!!! Which, by the way are EXTREMELY impressive. The shift response times are extremely fast. Probably a hair faster than the X3, and about a minute (seriously) faster than the MBZ ML. But I digress...the sport seats a nice.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Not sure I would classify them as sport seats as Audi does. They do have more support than the standard seat, these are not something I would be happy with on the track.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks everyone, sounds like I "need" them. Especially you get the paddles!

Not really interested in the track with a Q5, but I do understand your comment.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ATC69
Thanks everyone, sounds like I "need" them. Especially you get the paddles!

Not really interested in the track with a Q5, but I do understand your comment.

You also get a much nicer steering wheel, but the seat surfaces are "firmer" than the regular seats - coming off a '11 Q5.

Best $500 I have spent in a long time.

Old 01-16-2013, 04:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dsackman
You also get a much nicer steering wheel, but the seat surfaces are "firmer" than the regular seats - coming off a '11 Q5.

$500 certainly feels like a bargain considering what you get. Really, it's a no-brainer, in my opinion.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

For some reason, they are noticeably harder than the sport seats on my A5. Had to spend some time adjusting them. Got a backache the first few times I drove the wife's Q5.

Was hoping they would be two-tone but no such luck.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by dsackman

I agree. Definitely worth the $500 to me as well. Having had an '11 3.2L, I wanted the Sport interior to help my new Q5 feel even more different. Also had no opportunity to see it in person so I took a leap too. No regrets at all on my 3.0T.

Quick Reply: Sport seats, comfortable?