Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

SQ5 pics, just off the truck

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 08:26 AM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 285 Likes on 205 Posts

My dealer has 2 of them, arrived last week.

http://www.audiabq.com/new-inventory...htm?model=SQ5&
Old 08-02-2013, 09:31 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jperryrocks
I'm an alcantara hater for seats. Just can't stand it in the summer and makes me sweat. If you live up north, I can see how people might like it in colder weather.

But I do love alcantara headliners and wish you could get that on an sq5.
I love alcantara seats and would swap my TDI sport seats for SQ5 in a heartbeat. I ordered my B5S4 Avant just to get alcantara seats (waited 5 months when the same car with leather was on the lot). I lived in CT at the time but later moved to NC and had no issue with heat. I find black leather worse in both climate extremes. YMMV
Old 08-02-2013, 11:04 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Default Only on SQ5 it seems

Originally Posted by JaXeN
Just took a closer look at your pics and noticed that MY14 has the "new and improved" paddle shifters, first noticed in Europe:

Not sure how I feel about them. :-/
I like them! Unfortunately just on SQ5 I looked on AutoTrader and confirmed via this:

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...gIndex=1&Log=0

I'll have to price those out. There's an aftermarket company that made bigger ones before - may consider those too. Maybe depends is SLine ones are silver or black. Likely replace if they are black so they stand out more.

Last edited by Mark P; 08-02-2013 at 11:08 AM.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I drove one this past Tuesday. Power was comparable to my '11 S4. The Tiptronic gearbox did not shift as quickly as the DSG does under WOT. No drive select for suspension available. Also the luggage rail system in the trunk was absent (I believe I saw it on base Q5's, mark me if I'm wrong). B&O was mediocre just like on my car. The ride was firm but comfortable on the 21" wheels, would probably opt for the 20" even though not as good looking. The leather covered instrument panel has black stitching for some reason, and it does not match any other stitched leather (seats, shifter, steering wheel and armrests). Would also prefer the steering wheel leather be perforated, not smooth, but that's just a personal preference. An interesting feature I discovered was the exhaust sound setting. The salesman claimed it opened up some baffles for a louder sound in dynamic mode, but it probably was the "soundaktor". The only real gripe would be the summer performance tires instead of UHPAS. Overall a great looking car with a lot of power, but the options can really add up.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:42 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default Agreed on perforated preference...

Originally Posted by koobah
I drove one this past Tuesday. Power was comparable to my '11 S4. The Tiptronic gearbox did not shift as quickly as the DSG does under WOT. No drive select for suspension available. Also the luggage rail system in the trunk was absent (I believe I saw it on base Q5's, mark me if I'm wrong). B&O was mediocre just like on my car. The ride was firm but comfortable on the 21" wheels, would probably opt for the 20" even though not as good looking. The leather covered instrument panel has black stitching for some reason, and it does not match any other stitched leather (seats, shifter, steering wheel and armrests). Would also prefer the steering wheel leather be perforated, not smooth, but that's just a personal preference. An interesting feature I discovered was the exhaust sound setting. The salesman claimed it opened up some baffles for a louder sound in dynamic mode, but it probably was the "soundaktor". The only real gripe would be the summer performance tires instead of UHPAS. Overall a great looking car with a lot of power, but the options can really add up.
My hands hurt after 500 mile drives on the solid leather on our Tiguan but fine with perforated on A3. Ordered Sport Interior & SLine in part to get the perforated sport wheel on the Q5 TDI
Old 08-02-2013, 04:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by koobah
I drove one this past Tuesday. Power was comparable to my '11 S4. The Tiptronic gearbox did not shift as quickly as the DSG does under WOT. No drive select for suspension available.
Boy I'm torn. The lack of drive select for the suspension is a real negative considering it comes with the firmest suspension of all Q5's. The TDI may be a more attractive option given that you get gobs of torque + drive select for the suspension to better deal with some of the crappy roads.

Last edited by TonySCV; 09-01-2013 at 06:43 AM.
Old 08-02-2013, 06:04 PM
tgt
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

This is a valid point....I didn't realize the SQ5 didn't come with ADS.

-tgt

Originally Posted by TonySCV
Buy I'm torn. The lack of drive select for the suspension is a real negative considering it comes with the firmest suspension of all Q5's. The TDI may be a more attractive option given that you get gobs of torque + drive select for the suspension to better deal with some of the crappy roads.
Old 08-03-2013, 12:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by tgt
This is a valid point....I didn't realize the SQ5 didn't come with ADS.

-tgt
Look at the pics. It does. You can see the button for ADS there.
Old 08-03-2013, 01:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It has ADS but it can only control the engine/gearbox, steering, exhaust sound and adaptive cruise - not suspension as the adaptive dampers are not an option.
Old 08-03-2013, 01:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by josedebardi
It has ADS but it can only control the engine/gearbox, steering, exhaust sound and adaptive cruise - not suspension as the adaptive dampers are not an option.
Here is a vid in made in my UK spec SQ5 as there were a lot of ADS questions on myaudiq5.com as well.

Quick Reply: SQ5 pics, just off the truck