Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

SQ5 Winter Wheels/Tires

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tysonm
Hartmann RS6 20 x 9 et 29
These fit perfect the dealer put them on for me pre delivery and the were very happy with the fit.
Would love to see some additional pictures from the side on these. I'm still debating if we really need a winter set, but my wife's work will have her go over the pass from Seattle at random notice 1-3 times in the winter.

These RS6 Hartmann's look like a nice choice in the 20s. Anything to keep me from buying 22s with summer tires and using the 21s with Scorpions in the winter, aka, lighting money on fire.
Old 11-11-2014, 09:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As promised after I put the winter combo on, I would post a couple of pics. I did have to take 2 of the wheels to the tire shop for some re-balancing due the location of where the tape weights were placed. They rubbed on the caliper. Not a big deal, but annoying nonetheless.

18x8 BBS SR wheels with Michelin Latitude X-ICE 2 studless snow tires

Front:

Rear:
Old 11-11-2014, 01:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by big residual
Would love to see some additional pictures from the side on these. I'm still debating if we really need a winter set, but my wife's work will have her go over the pass from Seattle at random notice 1-3 times in the winter.

These RS6 Hartmann's look like a nice choice in the 20s. Anything to keep me from buying 22s with summer tires and using the 21s with Scorpions in the winter, aka, lighting money on fire.
I won't have anymore photos till the weekend. We drove it straight from the dealer to the detail shop. It should be done on Friday afternoon.
Old 11-11-2014, 02:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by hilld
As promised after I put the winter combo on, I would post a couple of pics. I did have to take 2 of the wheels to the tire shop for some re-balancing due the location of where the tape weights were placed. They rubbed on the caliper. Not a big deal, but annoying nonetheless.

18x8 BBS SR wheels with Michelin Latitude X-ICE 2 studless snow tires

Front:

Rear:
Looks awesome, thanks for posting!
Old 11-12-2014, 05:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I swapped in my winter wheels yesterday and could not get my spacers off (for OEM wheels). So I said F'it and threw my ET25 winter wheels on with spacers 10mm front, 20mm rear. I am effectively running ET15 front, ET5 rear with OEM size 255/50/19 tires and it totally works. lol! I'll get pics up tomorrow.
Old 11-12-2014, 06:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Transfer
I swapped in my winter wheels yesterday and could not get my spacers off (for OEM wheels). So I said F'it and threw my ET25 winter wheels on with spacers 10mm front, 20mm rear. I am effectively running ET15 front, ET5 rear with OEM size 255/50/19 tires and it totally works. lol! I'll get pics up tomorrow.
Would love to see pics lol!

Did you use anti seize? Just wondering because im about to purchase some spacers for my stock 21" wheels. I might keep spacers on for my winter setup if its safe...
Old 11-13-2014, 08:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by andrios
Would love to see pics lol!

Did you use anti seize? Just wondering because im about to purchase some spacers for my stock 21" wheels. I might keep spacers on for my winter setup if its safe...
I did not use anti seize because I've never had an issue with other brands. These are H&R DR spacers and I thought they had a notch built in for prying them off but apparently I'm a dodo and didn't realize there is no notch. I'll have to buy a heat gun or take them to Achtuning if I want them off. But for now I'm just gonna run 'em.

Here are a bunch of pics at different angles. Sorry about the photo overload but unless you get multiples it's pretty hard to view spacer changes. There is a little poke but not bad and of course depends on what angle you view from. It's pretty aggressive looking and honestly looks great in the rear. And yes, my SQ is MUDDY. I did a little light off-roading to 4500 feet altitude on tuesday before I hit pure ice, almost slid off the mountain, and had to put my tail between my legs.

Wheels are Hartmann 19x8.5, tires are Pirelli Scorpion Winter 255/50/19.

Go here for more pics including OEM 20s with spacers and the same winter setup without spacers (clean photos).
https://www.flickr.com/photos/judson...7638363122075/
Old 11-13-2014, 10:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by tysonm
Hartmann RS6 20 x 9 et 29
These fit perfect the dealer put them on for me pre delivery and the were very happy with the fit.

I just ordered these as well- look great!

Did you need to buy additional TPMS sensors or is done through ABS?
Old 11-13-2014, 08:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Dave DC
I just ordered these as well- look great!

Did you need to buy additional TPMS sensors or is done through ABS?
Buy direct from Hartmann? Thanks.
Old 11-13-2014, 08:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I almost like these rims more than the originals

Quick Reply: SQ5 Winter Wheels/Tires