Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

STaSIS Q5 project

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 07:52 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STaSIS Q5 project

We are looking to embark on a new project..the Q5 has experienced increasing sales, YTD sales have increased by 71.1%, while Audi's staple A4 has experienced diminishing sales figures, they are down .6% YTD.

The Q5 is a wonderful platform with plenty of potential, however this platform is currently quite limited in terms of aftermarket suppliers.

We want to reach out to the Q5 community and get information from those who have first-hand, day-to-day experience with this vehicle and ask..

"What do you feel the Q5 is lacking from the factory, what are some of the downfalls?"

"What can we do to elevate the Q5 into the upper echelon, and differentiate it from the standard everyday cross-over?"

Our current scope is focused on something slightly different from our current product line-up, we are looking to improve upon the Q5's off-road capabilities.

We very much look forward to getting insight from all of you, so please give us your input!
Old 12-30-2010, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Hmmm, from a personal perspective, there's really only one thing I'd crave. I'd love to have even more power for my 3.2 (More low end torque, as much as anything). I know this would not be an easy convert, since you'd likely have to add a super or turbo charger.

I also know it doesn't exactly fit into your off-road item, but I'm not sure how much demand a beefed up off-road Q5 would generate. They're borderline too expensive to be driving them seriously off-road, not that some wouldn't be interested.

Good luck with whatever you come up with, though, as you do good work.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BeachRat
Hmmm, from a personal perspective, there's really only one thing I'd crave. I'd love to have even more power for my 3.2 (More low end torque, as much as anything). I know this would not be an easy convert, since you'd likely have to add a super or turbo charger.

I also know it doesn't exactly fit into your off-road item, but I'm not sure how much demand a beefed up off-road Q5 would generate. They're borderline too expensive to be driving them seriously off-road, not that some wouldn't be interested.

Good luck with whatever you come up with, though, as you do good work.
+1
Old 12-30-2010, 01:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Better performance brake pads, shocks, intake system, and sway bars.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Some body colored mud flaps that look better than the audi OEM ones.
Old 12-31-2010, 07:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'd really like a good power producing exhaust with a little deeper tone than stock. As far as for off-roading capabilities maybe a really good coilover system with the height adjust-ability while on the car.
Old 12-31-2010, 07:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Cold air intake system and turbocharger both for the 3.2L FSI, new exhaust to acommodate increase in power, new shocks w adjustable hight and perhaps big brakes kit. As others, I do not see the market/need for improved off-road capabilities.
Good Luck,
Peter

Last edited by tanev; 12-31-2010 at 07:42 AM.
Old 12-31-2010, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

a locking center diff would be good, or one that can electronically lock.

a blower maybe? intake? exhaust? some body moldings?
Old 12-31-2010, 08:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I would be happy with an ECU upgrade that increases the low RPM response. APR offered me one (around 70 ft-lbs of torque on low RPM) but it turned out its not available so if you have an alternative available, I am certainly interested.

There are some other areas that could be improved - brakes, lower suspension, under body cover - that might be interesting but I think specifically on the 2.0 the ECU is probably the easiest one to improve to get some more torque which would make the car more responsive.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Indeed, something similar to the 2.0T's ECU upgrade on the A4 would be much appreciated. On the A4 it's simply icing on the cake, but on the Q5 the extra weight could really benefit from a bit more power and torque.

Quick Reply: STaSIS Q5 project