Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Stasis update - MPG, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 05:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by QQQQuattro
Don't have it, but according to Stasis website, $1495.00.
WOW, gonna have to save up for that one! Wife is going to want her remote start first.
Old 08-28-2011, 01:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

SoftDevices and Huey52 (or anyone else for that matter), I'm considering this upgrade as well and was wondering if you'd share some more performance specifics you've experienced from the Stasis flash?

I do a lot of my driving in my 2.0T Q5 on windy, twisty, hilly roads which is fun but I feel the 2.0T struggles a bit in low rpm's. Once I get her up to 50mph or so she seems to respond better but often that speed is too quick for the road I may be on. I tend to find myself going faster than I'd like because I feel the 2.0T doesn't settle in to a good feeling pace until upwards of 50+ mph or so.

Anyway, what I'm hoping the Stasis tune will do is the following:

1. More hp and torque

2. Better low speed and low rpm performance

3. Smoother off the line performance. Smooth out the turbo lag the 2.0T seems to suffer from. I feel like if shown on a graph, the 2.0T would have a significant dip (power hiccup) early in the low rpm range.

Any further insight you could share would be great.

Thanks guys!
Old 08-28-2011, 03:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

1. More hp and torque

-Definitely. I've not put it on dyno but whereas the stock seemed somewhat congested post tune it breaths freely.

- Yes. This was actually where I was most hoping to see improvement and again it simply seems more free to get off the line briskly.

3. Smoother off the line performance. Smooth out the turbo lag the 2.0T seems to suffer from. I feel like if shown on a graph, the 2.0T would have a significant dip (power hiccup) early in the low rpm range.

- All turbo's have some innate lag, and the stock is actually quite good compared to some other vehicles, but noticeably less lag post tune.

All in all very well worth the expenditure. Having said that, it really should have come from the factory with this level of performancce. It's not an S5 of course, but is now the grand touring machine it was meant to be. [or rather the Q5 it was meant to be]
Old 08-28-2011, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Huey52
1. More hp and torque

-Definitely. I've not put it on dyno but whereas the stock seemed somewhat congested post tune it breaths freely.

- Yes. This was actually where I was most hoping to see improvement and again it simply seems more free to get off the line briskly.

- All turbo's have some innate lag, and the stock is actually quite good compared to some other vehicles, but noticeably less lag post tune.

All in all very well worth the expenditure. Having said that, it really should have come from the factory with this level of performancce. It's not an S5 of course, but is now the grand touring machine it was meant to be. [or rather the Q5 it was meant to be]
Thanks Huey, all good to hear. I was starting to feel like I might have made a mistake going with the 2.0T and maybe should have gone with the 3.2. Did you pay the full $1495?

Thanks again.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Huey52
1. More hp and torque

Hooobaby. Made my appointment for the Stasis tune so I will be interested to see how my experience compares with yours. I also failed all tests of prudence and ordered the Stasis exhaust at the same time. A bit of flow-through advantage but I like the idea of improving that exhaust note just as much.

Looking forward to seeing how small a difference a large pile of money makes.

Biggest remaining question I have is how to deal with ECU software post-tune. If Audi comes out with a revised ECU map, or tweaks, or something else good or necessary, those with the Stasis tune can't utilize them without wiping out the tune, correct? That's a bit painful considering you need to send your ECU to Virginia to get it installed, and presumably to get it done again.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Surprisingly, there isn't a STaSIS-certified Audi dealership in Houston, although they do have dealerships in Austin (150miles) and Dallas (220miles). I could drive to Austin to have the STaSIS ECU software installed... However, are the scheduled maintenance intervals required to be performed at a certified dealership (e.g. to not overwrite their mapping)?
Old 09-08-2011, 05:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by woolie
Surprisingly, there isn't a STaSIS-certified Audi dealership in Houston, although they do have dealerships in Austin (150miles) and Dallas (220miles). I could drive to Austin to have the STaSIS ECU software installed... However, are the scheduled maintenance intervals required to be performed at a certified dealership (e.g. to not overwrite their mapping)?
I think driving to Austin is only the first part: they still need to keep your Q for a week while they send the ECU to the Stasis shop in Virginia.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

That's true. It takes about five days from vehicle drop off to pickup (depending on optimally hitting the FedEx for ECU portage to/from West Virginia). Still well worth it imho. I got a nice free loaner so really a hassle free experience.

Oh, and I am planning on the StaSIS exhaust as well. Modding is always addictive.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, the Dealership here in Dallas did volunteer a loaner for me as well...
Old 09-09-2011, 03:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Hey guys,

Does the Stasis exhaust add any hp and torque or is it purely an exhaust note improvement? Thanks!

Quick Reply: Stasis update - MPG, etc.