Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Stasis update - MPG, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 04:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

According to their website:
http://www.awe-tuning.com/products/a...st-system.html

13 hp and 13 lbft
Old 09-09-2011, 05:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Does StaSIS employ an AWE exhaust?

Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo

13 hp and 13 lbft
Old 09-09-2011, 08:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo

13 hp and 13 lbft
JohnBoy,

Do you know if the exhaust is also AoA 'friendly" in terms of it not voiding the warranty? I understand if you get the chip done at an authorized Audi dealership there is no problem from AoA warranty wise with the chip, just wondering if it's the same with the exhaust.

Also, that 13 hp and 13 ft lbs., those numbers would be in ADDITION to the gains from the chip correct?

Thanks!
Old 09-10-2011, 04:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

^ I believe when StaSIS cites their "Touring" hp/tq numbers for instance it is for the combo of tune and exhaust.

http://stasisengineering.com/product...ouring-edition

Also, I don't see any mention of AWE as the OEM for the StaSIS exhaust, although it still could be of course.

http://stasisengineering.com/products/exhausts

The StaSIS exhaust carries the same warranty as does the tune (confirmed by my regional rep).

Last edited by Huey52; 09-10-2011 at 04:22 AM.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No expert on it, but I believe the tune is roughly 50 hp and the exhaust alone is 13 - but that would be a better question for your dealer....

Do know on my turbo diesels a good turbo-back exhaust with high flow mufflers and cats can net you about 25hp alone.... at it's simplest, an engine is an air pump, so if you increase the amount of air flow, you increase the power.

but back to Stasis, think it's just a cat back system....

Now you got me looking closer at that touring kit - but $6500 !?! I've sold cars for less than that !
Old 09-10-2011, 11:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

The Stasis site is unclear on this.

The Touring package indicates +50hp which includes the ECU tune and the exhaust (among the other included mods). The ECU tune alone indicates the same, so either there is no performance advantage from the exhaust...which I think would be mightily odd...or their published info is screwed up. As noted previously here, the AWE exhaust achieves 13/13 which one would think Stasis would at least try to match.

I have to assume that the exhaust contributes to the 50hp total and the ECU s/w alone gets you less. If the exhaust garnered you more as part of the Touring package they would for sure include that in their info...one would think. Weird omission on Stasis' part: there are a lot of competitors out there so you'd think they would be on the ball with the info.

If anyone knows more about this I'd sure like to hear it. My Q is going in for the ECU in two weeks and I had them order the exhaust at the same time. No luck reaching Stasis directly, but if I hear that the exhaust doesn't contribute I'll switch to something else.

Last edited by cprg2011; 09-10-2011 at 11:36 AM.
Old 09-10-2011, 11:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by cprg2011
The Stasis site is unclear on this.

The Touring package indicates +50hp which includes the ECU tune and the exhaust (among the other included mods). The ECU tune alone indicates the same, so either there is no performance advantage from the exhaust...which I think would be mightily odd...or their published info is screwed up. As noted previously here, the AWE exhaust achieves 13/13 which one would think Stasis would at least try to match.

I have to assume that the exhaust contributes to the 50hp total and the ECU s/w alone gets you less. If the exhaust garnered you more as part of the Touring package they would for sure include that in their info...one would think. Weird omission on Stasis' part: there are a lot of competitors out there so you'd think they would be on the ball with the info.

If anyone knows more about this I'd sure like to hear it. My Q is going in for the ECU in two weeks and I had them order the exhaust at the same time. No luck reaching Stasis directly, but if I hear that the exhaust doesn't contribute I'll switch to something else.
I spoke with a Stasis rep earlier this week but my questions to him were based only on the ECU, I didn't get into the exhaust discussion.

He told me the ECU would alone get me +50 hp / +47 lb-ft as noted on their website. Another conversation with an authorized Stasis Audi service rep in New jersey confirmed those same performance gains with the ECU flash alone, again, no discussion of the exhaust.

For what it's worth.
Old 09-10-2011, 12:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tridentnyc
I spoke with a Stasis rep earlier this week but my questions to him were based only on the ECU, I didn't get into the exhaust discussion.

He told me the ECU would alone get me +50 hp / +47 lb-ft as noted on their website. Another conversation with an authorized Stasis Audi service rep in New jersey confirmed those same performance gains with the ECU flash alone, again, no discussion of the exhaust.

For what it's worth.
Thanks trident. The Audi guy at my dealer/installer I talked to seemed to indicate the opposite, but I am willing to put that down as not-sure syndrome.

I'll try a call to Stasis again and see what answers I can get. Again, I think it would be bizarre if they were marketing an exhaust with no performance gains.
Old 09-11-2011, 03:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Well, even if no hp gain (seems unlikely tho'), the StaSIS exhaust has a nice deeper tone and is all T304 stainless (should last the life of the vehicle), so superior to stock in that regard.

In my A5 coupe's case it is also dual routed, similar to Cabrio and as opposed to my stock single routing.

In many higher end vehicles the exhaust (and intake) is already well optimized, so not unusual to get only minor gains with an aftermarket if that is the case.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tridentnyc

I spoke with Stasis this morning about the ECU/exhaust performance contributions and I was told that the 50hp gain includes for both ECU remap and the exhaust, with the exhaust contributing approximately 10 - 15% of that gain (so, 5 - 7.5hp).

So there you go. It seems the 50hp gain indicated for the ECU alone is wrong. It also seems that the exhaust performance—at least as published—is south of those achieved with other competitors (AWE, for instance).

Quick Reply: Stasis update - MPG, etc.