Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Stumped by water pooling in rear passenger footwell

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2019, 02:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 118 Likes on 100 Posts

No Redd we weren't a high falutin Audi type garage.Spent my money on good diagnostic tools.I gave em Folgers and I don't think I ever lost a customer because of it.
I must admit I've only been to my dealer 4 times, recalls and Tdi "fix" and it's a very soothing environment.They use Nespresso and I suspect, this being Canada, that they slip a little something in the wonderfull cookies they have to make the visit to the cashier a little less painful.
Old 03-04-2019, 12:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

Cookies.(G)
That's when customer service wasn't considered a waste of money. The (inevitably Greek) diners always used to have a plate of cookies next to the register, because the owner's wife was usually somewhere nearby, but not always waiting at the register. And if you go back into the 1970's, Dunkin Donuts actually used to have jars of FREE donut holes at the register, for the same reason. The counter clerks were busy serving, not just ringing up.
Of course these days Dunkin no longer uses the same quality coffee (they cut it down, the same year that McD's and others were shifting up, go figure) and they only SELL the donut holes...
"Granpa, you can't fool me. PEOPLE don't DRIVE cars!"
And wait for the Health Department to fine the dealer for not having a sneeze guard over the cookie plate...
Old 03-05-2019, 06:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by MurrayA4
No Redd we weren't a high falutin Audi type garage.Spent my money on good diagnostic tools.I gave em Folgers and I don't think I ever lost a customer because of it.
I must admit I've only been to my dealer 4 times, recalls and Tdi "fix" and it's a very soothing environment.They use Nespresso and I suspect, this being Canada, that they slip a little something in the wonderfull cookies they have to make the visit to the cashier a little less painful.
That explains waiting around for 4 hours for my car..
Old 03-06-2019, 01:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 86 Likes on 85 Posts

It seems like the "happy" cookie joke is quite popular these days, last time I left the car for service at my local Audi dealership in Uruguay, where the stuff is legal, an old guy who was leaving his A8 for service asked the Audi "barista" if the cookies had the fun ingredients to soften up the (for sure) hefty bill he'd be handed when he returns to pick up the car
Old 03-06-2019, 01:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 86 Likes on 85 Posts

BTW, did you check your front passenger floor as well? There's a well know issue with the AC drain pipe causing all sort of water intrusion problems on early model Q5, I didn't know about that until I left the car in my trusty indy shop for a bluetooth module replacement, in this thread you can see what was actually causing the problem and there's a link to the PDF describing the TSB. Good luck!