Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Taking delivery of a TDI as I post

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 08:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by fast16
Very nice! that is a very nice color combo. If you don't mind me asking how much was the OTD price that was decided on the TDI?
OTD price including destination charge of vehicle came to $48,801, which is $100 above invoice (Sticker was $52,295). Audi Care was an additional $820. Also had $1000 applied to deal in Audi Loyalty bucks. This was my 10th Audi purchased or leased from the same dealership, and of course they must turn a profit on the deal. They also purchased my 2011 Q5 2.0 and paid off the remaining six months of that lease, so I came out clean. This is why they have a customer for life.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:51 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=macwm;24462724]Here's what I have so far.

Anyway to peel that tacky ULSF sticker off the dash??
Old 07-07-2013, 05:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by macwm
Here's what I have so far.

Thanks. I have the same interior, just wanted to see how it looked with red. Is volcano red a special order color? I do not see it in any of the model books or online?
Old 07-07-2013, 06:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Fongletez
Anyway to peel that tacky ULSF sticker off the dash??
Yeah, what's up with the sticker by the vent? Usually the warnings (and different colors) go on the fuel door and cap. Definitely need to see about getting that removed. Should be a regular sticker, at least, so should be able to peel it off and clean up the residue.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:26 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by idale
Yeah, what's up with the sticker by the vent? Usually the warnings (and different colors) go on the fuel door and cap. Definitely need to see about getting that removed. Should be a regular sticker, at least, so should be able to peel it off and clean up the residue.
I would think so as well. Otherwise, they are messing up a gorgeous interior with an ill placed warning that's not needed anywhere but the fuel door!!
Old 07-07-2013, 10:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Scott Evil
Thanks. I have the same interior, just wanted to see how it looked with red. Is volcano red a special order color? I do not see it in any of the model books or online?
Three new standard available colors for 2014, Volcano red, Maya Brown, Lava Gray. I removed the ULSD sticker right after the picture.
Old 07-12-2013, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default macwm

Please post more information about your TDI. How does it drive as compared with your previous Q5(s)? Are you enjoying the additional torque? Have you noticed any additional engine noise with the TDI? I am considering the TDI so I am interested in your experience. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by GoldenBear
Please post more information about your TDI. How does it drive as compared with your previous Q5(s)? Are you enjoying the additional torque? Have you noticed any additional engine noise with the TDI? I am considering the TDI so I am interested in your experience. Thanks in advance.
So far my wife has driven it all week. Tomorrow I will have a 150 mile highway trip, so I'll have a better idea of it's performance. The engine is very quiet; it generates less noise than our previous 2011 Q5 (2.0T). I expect in colder temperatures this will change somewhat. I'll post some comments on Sunday.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:53 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Really nice color combo! Looks great!
Old 07-14-2013, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default First impressions TDI

Originally Posted by GoldenBear
I may never buy another gasoline powered vehicle! Filled up today after a week of driving and using the real method (mileage / gallons) achieved 31.5 mpg! This was with a brand new engine with less than 400 miles and approximately 50/50 local / highway. The 3.0T supercharged engine may be quicker off the line, but this Q has amazing acceleration. Had to merge a few times yesterday and it was no effort at all. Very smooth ride, very quiet, and I like the steering feel better than my '11 Q5.

Quick Reply: Taking delivery of a TDI as I post