Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Touchless or Touch Car Wash for your Q5

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 11:13 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Touch-less is the way to go unless your car is really dirty and I mean.. THICK-DIRTY!. I once went through a car-wash in my S5, got inside that freaking wheel-rail and felt the moment my control arms sat on that rail and grinded all the way through the wash.. I didn't think this car was tha low. Ever since I've gone to touch-less washers and just as great.

You shouldn't have to worry much since you have a lot of ground-clearance in your Q5, you are set!
Old 02-15-2010, 11:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Touchless or Touch Car Wash for your Q5

Originally Posted by hmn4858
Wow. I've heard to not wash it in the sun but I've never heard of anyone washing in their garage. You folks sure are ****. More power to ya but I've got better things to do then worry about a perfect paint job. Between the crappy roads and all the salt/sand/debris I've said screw it and drive it through a car wash. I've got better things to do than deal with making sure my car looks perfect. I just get annoyed when I wash it seeing all the imperfections so I gave up doing that stuff in my 20s. It makes no difference on resale unless you've got huge chips in the paint or something.
To each their own. It's kinda hard to wash the car in the driveway in the middle of winter. As for how you treat your car and what you do with it, that's your business. There is absolutely no need to go calling people **** if their car care doesn't mesh with yours.

Last edited by Old Dog; 02-15-2010 at 06:32 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Wow. I've heard to not wash it in the sun but I've never heard of anyone washing in their garage. You folks sure are ****. More power to ya but I've got better things to do then worry about a perfect paint job. Between the crappy roads and all the salt/sand/debris I've said screw it and drive it through a car wash. I've got better things to do than deal with making sure my car looks perfect. I just get annoyed when I wash it seeing all the imperfections so I gave up doing that stuff in my 20s. It makes no difference on resale unless you've got huge chips in the paint or something.
hmn4858, I just have to laugh when I read your post. I agree with you a 100%. I wash my car in the spring to get the salt off and thats it, and its wash in a drive thru car wash. The way I look at it is, if you want to keep a car in show room condition, then you show keep it in the show room, not on the road. I drive my car everyday, it goes thru mud snow or whatever. It a form of transportation, maybe if I have more time to waste, I might wash it more
Old 02-16-2010, 05:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Old Dog
To each their own. It's kinda hard to wash the car in the driveway in the middle of winter. As for how you treat your car and what you do with it, that's your business. There is absolutely no need to go calling people **** if their car care doesn't mesh with yours.
My apologies Old Dog. I meant it in jest. I will watch my choice of words next time.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Touchless or Touch Car Wash for your Q5

My apologies Old Dog. I meant it in jest. I will watch my choice of words next time.
Apology accepted hmn4858 and thanks. Have a good one!
Old 09-28-2022, 02:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 924 Likes on 756 Posts

My baby only gets hand washed. Trying to cut down on the swirls.
Old 09-28-2022, 03:44 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by maQ5
Hi all,

Great Forum, new Q5 owner, hopefully there isn't a thread on this already.

Is winter here in Canada, so too cold to wash the car by hand outside.

Wanted to use touchless for the new car but took it to a touch car wash by accident , but the car was relatively clean but now I worried about what it will do to the paint (if any)?

The I went to a touchless cash wash, it doesn't clean as well as the touch, it's still quite dirty after the touchless wash!

So what do you guys think? Any expert advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Cold snowy salt on roads here in Colorado. I had my 2022 SQ5 Sportback ceramic coated and use touchless car wash too in the winter