Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Traffic info nav.

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2015, 03:09 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traffic info nav.

I just bought a new Q5 2016 and loving it. I went to try the info for traffic in the NAV but it said to Phone Sirius. I did and then they told me that Audi does not support the feature and cannot enable this in the MMI Navigation any thoughts?? We also don't have a sim slot so I cant use Audi Connect which is Disappointing. Thanks.
Old 12-13-2015, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Ramz
I just bought a new Q5 2016 and loving it. I went to try the info for traffic in the NAV but it said to Phone Sirius. I did and then they told me that Audi does not support the feature and cannot enable this in the MMI Navigation any thoughts?? We also don't have a sim slot so I cant use Audi Connect which is Disappointing. Thanks.
If you have Navigation Plus in your car as an option, then your dealer did not properly prep your vehicle. You will have 3 months of SiriusXM radio service trial, and 4 years of SiriusXM traffic service subscription paid by Audi. Call your dealer to get it resolved.
Old 12-13-2015, 09:43 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 89 Likes on 61 Posts

Nav without a Sim slot? Are you in the states?
Old 12-13-2015, 02:48 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Mrclopec
Nav without a Sim slot? Are you in the states?
No I am in Canada.
Old 12-13-2015, 02:51 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by DennisMitchell
If you have Navigation Plus in your car as an option, then your dealer did not properly prep your vehicle. You will have 3 months of SiriusXM radio service trial, and 4 years of SiriusXM traffic service subscription paid by Audi. Call your dealer to get it resolved.
Thanks I do have a 3 months trial but the traffic is controlled by Sirius?? I am confused,
Old 12-13-2015, 02:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by DennisMitchell
I believe, at least in the US for MY2016, Audi discontinued the 4 free years of traffic with Nav Plus and it would now be 3 months along with Sirius radio. I don't how traffic works in Canada.
Old 12-13-2015, 03:33 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by snagitseven
I believe, at least in the US for MY2016, Audi discontinued the 4 free years of traffic with Nav Plus and it would now be 3 months along with Sirius radio. I don't how traffic works in Canada.
I called Sirius and they told me Audi dose not have the traffic feature and Sirius can support it.
Old 12-13-2015, 03:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

I called Sirius and they told me Audi dose not have the traffic feature and Sirius can support it.
You should add your location in your avatar and your year and model in your sig. Features and models vary in different countries and others will be able to better respond to your questions with the info.
Old 12-14-2015, 05:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

You should add your location in your avatar and your year and model in your sig. Features and models vary in different countries and others will be able to better respond to your questions with the info.
Snag, it should be required at sign-up for members to enter and display their location. We all want to be helpful but not having that information is wasted effort.
Old 12-14-2015, 06:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

That is surprising since the features list for MY2016 Prestige (which includes Nav Plus) states 4 year subscription for traffic on the US website. I did a screen capture below.

audiusa.com-2016 Audi Q5 Crossover - Price - Specs.pdf

Quick Reply: Traffic info nav.