Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Truly compatible bluetooth "phones"....

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 04:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by quattro v1.0
Phooey...

If all corporations switched over to Apple, 70% of ALL IT personnel would be out of jobs... Apple vs the World is almost like arguing religion or politics.

I have never had a PC who's performance did not start degrading the day I turned it on - up until the point you can't stand to use the silly thing anymore. Never had that problem with an Apple product, and I was using them side by side since before Apple was cool.
The real business world will never switch over to Apple, Apple is a cute toy but it doesnt have the infra-struture to suppose a big business or a cooperation.
The only reason a PC's performance degrade over time is because of all the virus and malware that attacks the windows inernet explorer. The hackers dont even bother to write codes to hack the Apple becuase so few people owns it, and almost no big business uses it. If you take a typical brand new $2000 Apple desktop and compare that to a $2000 PC, the PC will be equal or even faster and it wont have limited softwares to choose from, Proprietary hardware and software issues and compatibility issues.

Last edited by The G Man; 09-21-2010 at 04:31 AM.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The G Man
The real business world will never switch over to Apple, Apple is a cute toy but it doesnt have the infra-struture to suppose a big business or a cooperation.
The only reason a PC's performance degrade over time is because of all the virus and malware that attacks the windows inernet explorer. The hackers dont even bother to write codes to hack the Apple becuase so few people owns it, and almost no big business uses it. If you take a typical brand new $2000 Apple desktop and compare that to a $2000 PC, the PC will be equal or even faster and it wont have limited softwares to choose from, Proprietary hardware and software issues and compatibility issues.
+1 .. I work for IBM also to other as "Irritable bowel movement or Idiots Building Machines".. Big corporations do rely on servers running Windows or other robust OS's just because of the way it is used day in and day out. Sure Apple is nice and "pretty" but I dont see it being used in the datacenter with the other hardware. Mayb one day!
This thread is so going off the topic .. Sorry
Old 09-21-2010, 08:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I work in the music business. All of our graphics or digital ops departments are based on mac, the rest is PC. I'm in digital ops, but because I don't work with graphics, I have a PC at work (boo). All of our studios are Apple as well. Definitely more than just a pretty toy, it has it's place and it will only grow more in the business world. I work with Apple on a daily basis, and while they **** me off as a company, they definitely have the most user friendly products. Much of our company phones are switching to iPhones now as well. It's a matter of time, for sure.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by soonerfan
This has been a wonderful thread, in that we are finding devices that work with the MMI system not tested by Audi. Sadly, I think I am stuck with my LG360 until my current AT&T contract expires....in May...unless I want to pay a hefty price for a new device. Naturally, Apple and all the rest will likely come out with something spectacularly enhanced just after I choose a new unit and am stuck with it for two years.
I wish there was a way to get around the handcuffing that AT&T performs.....but I suppose they all have the same requirements these days.
Thanks to all who have offered their advice and experiences...............
I don't believe anyone out there has an older telephone than me. I have a Moto "Razor" that my youngest daughter handed me down, when AT&T's cellular phone service was called "Cingular"...

This phone works very well with my Q5 downloading my contacts, recent calls, etc. Don't you think that there might be something wrong with your system? I would check it out with the dealership...

Good luck!