Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017
View Poll Results: Was this helpful?
Very helpful
50.00%
Some what helpful
50.00%
Not helpful
0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Tutorial: How to sync your BlackBerry with Audi

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 09:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tutorial: How to sync your BlackBerry with Audi

How to sync your BlackBerry with Audi

Index:

1. Intro
2. Compatible Phones
3. Firmware Version
4. Upgrade/Downgrade
5. Pairing Your BlackBerry with Audi
6. Syncing Your BlackBerry

1. This tutorial is to show you how to sync your BlackBerry with Audi. I too was having problems syncing my BlackBerry 8900. This tutorial is made for AudiWorld.com and AudiForum.ca. If you’re going to copy and paste this somewhere else please remember jimmyly86 from AudiWorld.com and AudiForum.ca made this!

2. First we need to see if your phone is compatible with Audi.

Click here to see if your phone is compatible

After confirming your phone is compatible with your car, look on the bottom left where it gives you the “Tested firmware version”. Write down that firmware version.

3. First check your firmware by going into:

Options>About (on your BlackBerry)
If you already have the firmware then skip this step.

So it’s time to look for that firmware version.

Click here to search for your firmwareClick here to search for your firmware

4. Upgrading and Downgrading

If you already have the firmware then skip this step.

How do I downgrade the OS on my BlackBerry?

1. Delete the newer OS from your PC by going to Control Panel >Add/Remove Programs.

2. Then download and install the older version of the OS. BlackBerry Operating System Downloads

3. Then locate and delete the file named "vendor.xml"

4. When that's done, simply plug in your device, open Desktop Manager and run Application Loader. The loader will downgrade the OS.

How do I upgrade the OS on my BlackBerry?

1. Download and install to PC the latest version of Desktop Manager from BlackBerry.com

2. Download the new OS you want and install it to the PC

3. Open Desktop Manager and do a complete backup of your current device.

4. Delete the vendor.xml file located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader

5. Plug in BB and open Desktop Manager

6. Select Application Loader

7. You will be prompted to upgrade

From BlackBerryFAQ.com
5. Go into your “Bluetooth Options” and make sure these options are enabled:

Allow Outgoing Calls: Always
Conntacts Transfer: All Entries

Now pair with your Audi.

6. Now let your BlackBerry sync. Your phonebook will take some time depending on your phone size. When you get your “received calls” and “missed calls” it usually means it works. So have fun!

If you have problems syncing your BlackBerry, feel free to reply to this topic. I will not reply to PMs, Emails.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:12 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I have an 07 A4 and I am using a Blackberry 8830 with the proper firmware. I have never had a problem with my bluetooth but all of a sudden it won't pair. I removed the Audi from the device list and tried pairing the device but now the Blackberry doesn't even see the Audi... Not sure what happened. No changes to either the blackberry or the car...

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Old 11-04-2009, 02:40 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I think you should update your BlackBerry OS to v4.6.0.167 and then try again.Perhaps You may able to solve your problem by doing this.Thanking You.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:19 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default AudiA8 & Blackberry Issues

I have 2006 Auid A8 whcih worked well with my first blackberry 8100. My next 8830 was okay execept when I got a 2nd call coming in it disconnected both calls. Recently I got a new 9630 Tour running 4.7.1.4. It worked great for a month and now whether I make or recieve a call the MMI ends it in about 5 sec but the call is still on my blackberry. Any and all ideas VERY welcomed.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I have 2006 Audi A8 which worked well with my first blackberry 8100. My next 8830 was okay except when I got a 2nd call coming in it disconnected both calls. Recently I got a new 9630 Tour running 4.7.1.4. It worked great for a month and now whether I make or receive a call the MMI ends it in about 5 sec but the call is still on my blackberry. Any and all ideas VERY welcomed.
Old 11-28-2011, 04:40 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Swede5471
I have 2006 Audi A8 which worked well with my first blackberry 8100. My next 8830 was okay except when I got a 2nd call coming in it disconnected both calls. Recently I got a new 9630 Tour running 4.7.1.4. It worked great for a month and now whether I make or receive a call the MMI ends it in about 5 sec but the call is still on my blackberry. Any and all ideas VERY welcomed.
I'm having the same issue ..... MMI ends call after 5 seconds, call still on BB, but can't transmit or receive audio. I've tried repairing, clearing Bluetooth, deleting all directory entries, reseting, etc.... Very frustrating.

Anyone with advice or fix is greatly appreciated.
Old 11-29-2011, 03:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Q is primarily the wife's car, but the few times I've paired, no problems with calls on my company provided 8530 nor her HTC Thunderbolt.

Last edited by JohnBoyToo; 11-29-2011 at 03:52 AM.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:21 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by QuartzA8
I'm having the same issue ..... MMI ends call after 5 seconds, call still on BB, but can't transmit or receive audio. I've tried repairing, clearing Bluetooth, deleting all directory entries, reseting, etc.... Very frustrating.

Anyone with advice or fix is greatly appreciated.
Other posters recommended doing a BB OS download or upgrade. It took an overnight reset with my BB, but this morning it pairs like a champ and doesn't drop calls.

MMI not the problem, works like a champ!