Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

VAG-COM codes

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 03:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmm. Didn't even know this Dynamic steering / engine was a Vag Com mod that was available. Without me ready the previous 300 posts...can anyone give me a quick summary of this mod and the benefits of the throttle and steering on a 2.0?

Thanks.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Wow. Just read through this thread. Man I love this forum.

I have a list of like 8 mods that I want to try.

Been trying to find someone local with a VAG cable but I think I am going to bite bullet and buy one. That way I can tinker freely and if the service department resets to default....I don't have keep asking around.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo
Has it affected your mpg any that you could tell ?

Is it more 'dynamic' then putting it in sport mode with the tyranny ?
I have no proof to back this up, but dynamic seems to be more sporty than auto(normal) but not as aggressive as S mode. What I mean that is it up-shifts sooner under normal acceleration than S, but if you lean on it seems to shift near S mode. Dynamic is quicker to react with throttle changes similar to S, so that is why I like it for daily driving. No idea about gas mileage yet, I get around 23mpg combined.

The steering mode is easy to feel a difference. Just drive down a street at slow speeds and with auto it is easy to move the wheel. Then go to dynamic and you'll see how much more resistance there is. At fast speeds auto tightens it up so if you switch to comfort loosens the steering. I think this is what the manual says should happen too. I like auto because at slow speeds you get more help and at fast speeds you feel more connected to the road.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by krw9106
I have no proof to back this up, but dynamic seems to be more sporty than auto(normal) but not as aggressive as S mode. What I mean that is it up-shifts sooner under normal acceleration than S, but if you lean on it seems to shift near S mode. Dynamic is quicker to react with throttle changes similar to S, so that is why I like it for daily driving. No idea about gas mileage yet, I get around 23mpg combined.

The steering mode is easy to feel a difference. Just drive down a street at slow speeds and with auto it is easy to move the wheel. Then go to dynamic and you'll see how much more resistance there is. At fast speeds auto tightens it up so if you switch to comfort loosens the steering. I think this is what the manual says should happen too. I like auto because at slow speeds you get more help and at fast speeds you feel more connected to the road.
+1 on Steering. We leave it on Auto because it's too stiff at low speeds.

Re: Dynamic on Engine/Transmissions - It's different than just switching to "S" mode. In the Dynamic setting (vs. Auto), the car is WAY more responsive in either "D" or "S" modes. More power with less pedal. Definitely decreases fuel economy. Just imagine that instead of how you normally drive now, you're pressing the accelerator 10-20% more than you normally do whenever you're accelerating. For everyday driving, we're just leaving it in "Auto" as well for fuel economy reasons. It's fun to put it in Dynamic when you have open fun roads. =)
Old 10-10-2011, 09:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmmmmmmm....

Thanks for the info - may have to get the old vagcom out again !!!
Old 10-30-2011, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Ok...I think I did all the VAG codes I wanted to do.

One question...is it possible to be able to turn the fog lights on with the lights in the off position? Another words....only have the LED DRL and the fog lights on at the same time?
Old 10-30-2011, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 213 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by g8tor20
Ok...I think I did all the VAG codes I wanted to do.

One question...is it possible to be able to turn the fog lights on with the lights in the off position? Another words....only have the LED DRL and the fog lights on at the same time?
Yes. Haven't tried myself, but others have.
Old 10-30-2011, 01:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by JFA in L.A.
Reading through the Ross Tech FAQ, I see that because I'm a Mac owner, I'm not encouraged to use their product. Bummer.
I've been using Parallels to run Win XP and have done several Vag mods on both my Audis. No problemo here man. I use a MBP Intel.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Mute Radio/Media on start

Hi guys, been searching the forum for a while about how to prevent the radio/media to automatically start every time i start the car. I have a 2012 Q5 Premium plus and didn't get the Nav so i believe i have the Concert radio system.

Anyway, it bothers me to have the radio automatically come on when i start the engine so i am trying to find a solution.

I have some VagCom experience (did the same mod as everybody else on this forum) but couldn't find anything about the radio. Am i missing a setting/VagCom Code that could help me? I'd like to have something for instance that automatically mute the radio when the car is started. I know I could mute it when leaving the car but I am looking for a solution a bit better than this.

thanks - sorry if I hijacked the thread - thought it was now about general vagcom related question.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 213 Likes on 174 Posts

I have the same set-up and it starts however I left it. Off, on or muted on whatever media it was left with. The system always comes on (along as the fuse is good) but there is a setting for the display to be dark.

Quick Reply: VAG-COM codes