Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

VAG-COM codes

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 03:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

GregH -
both of those done on mine - and have done it on a s4...
love the ambiance lighting, meh on the battery level - almost not worth the effort

Z1 - wanted to try it, but haven't yet -
did do some tweaking on wrestepo's s4 to make the individual the default at startup...
Old 02-04-2012, 08:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z1ppster
anyone tried this??

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...-Select-VAGCOM

will it work on a q5?

just a thought..

Yes. I did that on my 2012 Q5 2.0. Works great

Activated the Steering and Engine to Dynamic. Def worth doing. The steering is tighter and not as loose. The Engine seems to respond better (not more powerful....but more responsive with less pedal pressure).
Old 02-04-2012, 08:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Z1ppster
anyone tried this??

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...-Select-VAGCOM

will it work on a q5?

just a thought..
Mmmmm, I would also like to know.
Old 02-05-2012, 12:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tortuga
You are right asm777!
I am using the same setting as you now:

MMI Hidden Menu
[car] [cardevicelist] -> check "charisma"
[car] [carmenuoperation] -> change "charisma" from 0 to 5
Reset MMI - Setup/Scroll Wheel/Top Right

[Coding - 07] -> [Long Coding Helper] -> Byte 7 -> Bit 5 change 0 to 1

[Coding - 07] -> [Long Coding Helper] -> Byte 8 -> Bit 1 change 0 to 1
[Coding - 07] -> [Long Coding Helper] -> Byte 8 -> Bit 2 change 0 to 1

[Coding - 07] -> [Long Coding Helper] -> Byte 17 -> Bit 7 change 0 to 1
U
[Security Access - 16] [Adaptation - 10] -> Channel 63 -> Change to 4
[Security Access - 16] [Adaptation - 10] -> Channel 64 -> Change to 4
[Security Access - 16] [Adaptation - 10] -> Channel 65 -> Change to 4
[Security Access - 16] [Adaptation - 10] -> Channel 66 -> Change to 4

Thanks!
I have set my 2012 2.0T up exactly up like this, yet to test it, but MMI showing up correctly. This is slightly different to the step by step on the Audi Enthusiast site though. I am presuming this has been found to be a better option.... following this long thread gets a bit confusing (for me anyway).

I have also added Ambience Lighting, Battery Level to MMI and the Lap timer/Oil temp to DIS.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Window Convenience w/Remote

I recently made a number of mods to my 2012 Audi Q5 2.0T with VAG-COM.

I noticed that with the Window Convenience mod (putting windows up/down with the remote), I noticed that if you have the audi advanced key, and the windows are down when you leave your vehicle. The easiest way to lock the car is to touch the sensor on any of the doors to lock the car. If you leave your finger over the sensor, the windows will go up as well, without even touching the key fob. Very cool little bonus.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by GregH
Hey all,

Not wanting to start a new thread on a related subject, so here goes:

On my previous Q5 I did several mods using my own original RossTech VCDS cable. That car had Infotainment system though. My new 2012 Q5 has MMI3G. Two of the mods I would like to add are battery level and ambience interior lighting. This requires that I enable the hidden menu in the MMI. While this appears a relatively easy process, I did come across one isolated warning that this can cause corruption to data on the navigation.

I could not find any specific cases of such a problem, yet there are countless success stories. Has anyone here encountered a problem of any sort after enabling this menu?
I just enabled the ambiance lighting on my 2012 Q5 2.0T through the hidden menu on the MMI3G and I did not have any navigation data corruption. I was a little worried as well, but it worked just fine for me.

Good luck to you!
Old 03-24-2012, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by pdxgibby

I noticed that with the Window Convenience mod (putting windows up/down with the remote), I noticed that if you have the audi advanced key, and the windows are down when you leave your vehicle. The easiest way to lock the car is to touch the sensor on any of the doors to lock the car. If you leave your finger over the sensor, the windows will go up as well, without even touching the key fob. Very cool little bonus.
Wow that's cool! I haven't tested this yet but will asap. Funny how no one has discovered this before now though. Nice find and thx for sharing.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 80 Likes on 64 Posts

I just enabled the ambiance lighting on my 2012 Q5 2.0T through the hidden menu on the MMI3G and I did not have any navigation data corruption. I was a little worried as well, but it worked just fine for me.

Good luck to you!
What, exactly does ambiance lighting do? I've programmed everything else possible to my S4, but this is one that I haven't done.

Also, is it possible to program "ADS-lite" to a Q5 w/o nav?
Old 03-24-2012, 09:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

This does sound cool but doesn't seem to work on my 2012 Q5? I will have to look into this further...
Old 03-24-2012, 03:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Good luck to you!
I am having an issue with my navigation as it is set to auto and is always displayed in night mode. No matter if it's bright and sunny it's always displayed in night mode. I have done the same mods via vag com and I wonder if this is a result of that or not? I think also vag'd my headlights to run with the DRL's during the day too and I am wondering if this is the result of that. Any suggestions?

Quick Reply: VAG-COM codes