Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Vagcom coding FUN....

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 02:06 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vagcom coding FUN....

I don't post much but I always look around these parts for info on my Audi. I wanted a Vagcom cable so I could make some modifications and decided to give an aftermarket cable a try. What the heck......$30.00 I found a site selling an 11.11.3 and I emailed them to see if the software would install on my computer first since I am running Windows 8. They immediately emailed me the software and it installed perfectly so I ordered the cable.
I have spent the last 3 days on my PC making changes, how totally AWESOME!. I changed my LED's, Aux Ventilation, Lap Timer, Needle Sweep, Efficiency display (I have a 2010), VIM (My wife's favorite), Ambient Lighting, Turned off US side markers, Turned on Select Drive for Engine, Key Fob for windows, Standby radio for 30 minutes instead of 10, Battery Meter, and CD Ripping (Way NICE!)
All of this should be standard from the factory although I can see why the CD ripping isn't for copyright reasons. Man o Man I feel like I have a new car. If anyone can see any coding I may have missed and you think I would like it please let me know.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NoCalKev
I don't post much but I always look around these parts for info on my Audi. I wanted a Vagcom cable so I could make some modifications and decided to give an aftermarket cable a try. What the heck......$30.00 I found a site selling an 11.11.3 and I emailed them to see if the software would install on my computer first since I am running Windows 8. They immediately emailed me the software and it installed perfectly so I ordered the cable.
I have spent the last 3 days on my PC making changes, how totally AWESOME!. I changed my LED's, Aux Ventilation, Lap Timer, Needle Sweep, Efficiency display (I have a 2010), VIM (My wife's favorite), Ambient Lighting, Turned off US side markers, Turned on Select Drive for Engine, Key Fob for windows, Standby radio for 30 minutes instead of 10, Battery Meter, and CD Ripping (Way NICE!)
All of this should be standard from the factory although I can see why the CD ripping isn't for copyright reasons. Man o Man I feel like I have a new car. If anyone can see any coding I may have missed and you think I would like it please let me know.
Why worry about copyright issues? You didn't when you got the software...
Old 05-24-2013, 04:32 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Well played
Old 05-24-2013, 04:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Turned off US side markers

I have a question for you. when you turn off the Amber delete =(us side marker off) did you notice that if you turn your headlight to Auto and exit the car. the lighting below the side mirrors, fog light, and head light no longer turns on..

Reason i ask is, Before my Vagcom mod. when i leave the light switch to Auto. headlight, fog, and underside light from the side mirrors will turn on for 30 seconds when i exit and lock the car.

i have a 12MY/ Q5/ P+/MMI 3G. just wondering if anyone know off this issue?
Old 05-24-2013, 07:01 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

My lights still come on. I believe those are part of the coming home settings.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

......$30.00 I found a site selling an 11.11.3 ...
What site did you buy the cable from?
Old 05-25-2013, 03:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thanks

My lights still come on. I believe those are part of the coming home settings.
I guess the person who did my Vagcom. May have disable it..thanks
Old 05-25-2013, 03:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hey NoCalKev.

I cannot get my MMI to CD rip after enabling it in the hidden menu. Are your two squares "greened" in the "ripping and copying" section? My MMI still grays out the CD under the import setting. I find it interesting it labels the discs as DVDs. May that be the problem?

I just did most of the same changes as yours. I included one more. I bought a paddle shifter steering wheel from Europrice. My car came with the four spoke beige steering wheel. I really wanted paddle shifters to. Car was not enabled to accept paddle shifter commands. Two minutes on the PC and it was done.

Where you at in NorCal? I'm in Chico
Old 05-27-2013, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by cluless
Hey NoCalKev.

I cannot get my MMI to CD rip after enabling it in the hidden menu. Are your two squares "greened" in the "ripping and copying" section? My MMI still grays out the CD under the import setting. I find it interesting it labels the discs as DVDs. May that be the problem?

I just did most of the same changes as yours. I included one more. I bought a paddle shifter steering wheel from Europrice. My car came with the four spoke beige steering wheel. I really wanted paddle shifters to. Car was not enabled to accept paddle shifter commands. Two minutes on the PC and it was done.

Where you at in NorCal? I'm in Chico
I am in Rohnert Park
Did you change the setting in the hidden menu (diagnosis, settings, multimedia import of copy / no ripping to copy / ripping set) You set it to 4/4 and it should work, it does not work from a cd changer, only the dvd/cd slot in the dash.
Sometimes I wish I had the paddle shifter, worth the investment?
Old 05-27-2013, 10:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I am in Rohnert Park
Did you change the setting in the hidden menu (diagnosis, settings, multimedia import of copy / no ripping to copy / ripping set) You set it to 4/4 and it should work, it does not work from a cd changer, only the dvd/cd slot in the dash.
Sometimes I wish I had the paddle shifter, worth the investment?
Hey Kev.

I've never seen the "4/4" that I've seen on many posts concerning this issue. When I first enter the hidden menu I see alphabetized choices to chose from"all green font" except the top entry is "version". Near the bottom of the page "diagnose" appears but not spelled "diagnosis". After pressing diagnose four choices appear: coding, optical drive, parental mgmt level, and settings. Next page after pressing settings gives me a 5 item choice: Trigger Import Dataset(/HBpersistence/Dataset VAS)((in a greenish hue)),tel settings,import multimedia,ami aux, and WLAN settings. The next page after hitting "import multimedia" looks like my original post with the ripping/copying squares.

Does your method look different than mine? I would send you multiple pics on each step but for some reason I cannot upload more than one photo per post on this forum from my iPad.

The paddle shifters are sweet. Not sure if they will get old after awhile but I sure like leaving my hands on the steering wheel when I'm manually shifting the car on a windy road. The total price came to $947 with California tax and shipping. Took about an hour to install. Simple VCDS coding to enable shifters.

Thanks

Jim