Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Waiting list....

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Waiting list....

I inquired about replacing my '09 Q5 for a '10 Q5, simply because I hate the cardamom beige interior that much. I wanted to trade for black on black. I was informed by my salesman that there is a waiting list and I would have to special order and wait at least 3-4 months. WOW! This from the largest dealer in So Cal. When I got mine, they had a surplus on the lot with a dozen or so to choose from. Unfortunately, they were all either gray or cardomom back then. Well, Cardomom or not, at least I'm driving a hot car that everyone seems to want. :-)

Last edited by FitzLA; 03-19-2010 at 02:34 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 03:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't tell me that. I have your same color combination on order!
Old 03-19-2010, 04:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Jack Bauer
Sorry Jack. It is a beautiful color. Just be prepared for a very dirty experience (and I don't mean the good kind). Even my leather belts rub off on the seat back and that leaves a stain that will not come out, no matter what I use. Like I said, I love the way it looks, but there is just no way to keep it clean, no matter what any one else tells you. Some stains (like the dye from jeans) have been easy to get out. Others are there for life. I will never get anything but a dark interior from now on.
Old 03-19-2010, 05:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Jack Bauer
I love my Black on Cardemom combo. The 2010's come with the much nicer dark Walnut inlays. It looks great and it is not that hard to clean. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the 2009's had, as the only option, the "natural" (ugly) ash inlays?
Old 03-19-2010, 06:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by FitzLA
Sorry Jack. It is a beautiful color. Just be prepared for a very dirty experience (and I don't mean the good kind). Even my leather belts rub off on the seat back and that leaves a stain that will not come out, no matter what I use. Like I said, I love the way it looks, but there is just no way to keep it clean, no matter what any one else tells you. Some stains (like the dye from jeans) have been easy to get out. Others are there for life. I will never get anything but a dark interior from now on.
Dayum!

I wanted cinnamon but my wife over-ruled me (she'll be the primary driver) and we ordered the beige interior.

We'll get it next week and I hope I'm not disappointed.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by FitzLA
I inquired about replacing my '09 Q5 for a '10 Q5, simply because I hate the cardamom beige interior that much. I wanted to trade for black on black. I was informed by my salesman that there is a waiting list and I would have to special order and wait at least 3-4 months. WOW! This from the largest dealer in So Cal. When I got mine, they had a surplus on the lot with a dozen or so to choose from. Unfortunately, they were all either gray or cardomom back then. Well, Cardomom or not, at least I'm driving a hot car that everyone seems to want. :-)
I think the dealer up here got the last of the 2010s... he's got 7 listed right now including a black/black Prestige. Care to take your summer vacation in Alaska?
Old 03-19-2010, 09:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Well, I have the Black with cardamom and LOVE it! Yes, some colors, especially jeans, wear off onto the leather easily but I've never not been able to remove any transfers. And all I use is a white microfiber slightly dampened. I also have the "ugly" natural ash inlays and would not trade them either. I know I'm not alone in thinking they are not "ugly" as Car and Driver made more than one complimentary remark about them when they awarded it best of the luxury SUV's shortly after its debut.

I guess to each his own...

phxflyboy
Old 03-20-2010, 03:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by phxflyboy
Well, I have the Black with cardamom and LOVE it! Yes, some colors, especially jeans, wear off onto the leather easily but I've never not been able to remove any transfers. And all I use is a white microfiber slightly dampened. I also have the "ugly" natural ash inlays and would not trade them either. I know I'm not alone in thinking they are not "ugly" as Car and Driver made more than one complimentary remark about them when they awarded it best of the luxury SUV's shortly after its debut.

I guess to each his own...

phxflyboy
I wonder if the color transfer is temporary, meaning after a year or so of conditioning it becomes more resistant to staining? Does conditioning the leather help at all?
Old 03-20-2010, 04:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

When I got my Q5 3 weeks ago the dealership has 15 on the lot http://www.audijax.com/new-inventory...&SBprice=clear Now they got 14.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by deutschmick
Dayum!

I wanted cinnamon but my wife over-ruled me (she'll be the primary driver) and we ordered the beige interior.

We'll get it next week and I hope I'm not disappointed.
The Cinnamon interior is one of my favorite parts of my new car experience. The contrast with the black looks great. Its nice to have a different option besides the black and tan.

Quick Reply: Waiting list....