Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Warranty from fd-warranty.com?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 02:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If the local dealer cant get into the same ballpark, I will most likely be buying my warranty from Troy too.
Old 12-02-2014, 11:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So how much are these warranties? I see there are several levels...but didn't see any prices or coverage periods (miles/months)?
Old 12-02-2014, 12:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by SJGQ5
So how much are these warranties? I see there are several levels...but didn't see any prices or coverage periods (miles/months)?
Just over 2 grand for 7/70 with a 100$ deductable.
Old 12-26-2014, 11:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Finally got around to purchasing Audi Care from Troy. All that was needed were my vehicle registration (scanned and emailed, for VIN verification) and odometer reading. We arranged to have him call me the next day for my credit card number. Received the contract a little less than two weeks.

I paid $860 for it. Dealer asked for $980.

Nice guy with straight forward answers. Prompt response to emails. Very happy with the deal.
Old 12-28-2014, 02:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

subscribing
Old 12-29-2014, 05:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unless it is an Audi/orig manufacturer certified warranty, I wouldn't bother.

Honestly, if you run out of warranty, and you can't afford repairs, you can't afford the car. Just my two cents.

Otherwise, buy certified, when it hit the 100K/6yrs or whatever...bye bye car...sadly, that is the problem with most vehicles today.

Either you buy it much older, at a very low costs, and assume it will have issues and pay out of pocket, or just don't let it go out of warranty IMO.

I don't know many people who get their money out of a 3rd party extended warranty. There is a reason insurance companies like this make millions, because the chances are way less of having issues, hence, they assume the payout if minimal compared to what they take in on premium costs.
Old 12-29-2014, 05:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 81Coupe
Finally got around to purchasing Audi Care from Troy. All that was needed were my vehicle registration (scanned and emailed, for VIN verification) and odometer reading. We arranged to have him call me the next day for my credit card number. Received the contract a little less than two weeks.

I paid $860 for it. Dealer asked for $980.

Nice guy with straight forward answers. Prompt response to emails. Very happy with the deal.

I want to hear the stories of people who had some major issues with a vehicle, bought this plan, and was it covered/repaired????

The answer is likely no, or people just never needed the warranty..haha..

Anybody?
Old 12-29-2014, 05:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by weth
I bought from Troy at FD warranty. It is a straight deal. You get the same warranty you get from the dealer, the Audi sanctioned extended warranty. The paperwork is all Audi. After you buy, your Audi deler can see you have an extended warranty on their computer, just like you bought it fom that dealer.

You do not need to buy it before or at the same time you take delivery, so don't be pressured. I waited until I had 7500 miles, and the price is still the same as a new car. Ask Troy how many miles you can go before the price changes.

Fd warranty is the real deal, so relax.

Posted this already to someone else...So, who exactly has had warranty issues and got it covered ever? You rarely hear the stories, because the odds are in their favor that the car won't need repairs. Just like buying some electronic insurance for a $900 TV that costs $150 for the warranty? Why? The chances of issues, if it happens to you, great...you got it covered, otherwise, doubt you ever get the benefit/repairs per Audi warranty.

Like to hear the stories of people who have this warranty, had some issue outside of the manuf. warranty, and it was no hassle major covered costs of repairs.

Otherwise, most maint costs are on you anyway, tires $1200, Brakes...etc...wear/tear it never covered...that is what costs money unless your tranny/engine drops out of the bottom of the car. Joints etc...all wear tear...on you always. Not the warranty company/Audi, unless their maint planf or 4yr/50K covers some of those.

My ML350, wife's actually, costs me $1800 for tires, brakes/rotors, oil changer etc...27K miles on the odometer....what a joke. Brakes gone after 27K...just like my neighbors Land Rover..haha...never again buying a Mercedes, or Land Rover.
Old 12-29-2014, 12:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by techlogik
Unless it is an Audi/orig manufacturer certified warranty, I wouldn't bother.

Honestly, if you run out of warranty, and you can't afford repairs, you can't afford the car. Just my two cents.

Otherwise, buy certified, when it hit the 100K/6yrs or whatever...bye bye car...sadly, that is the problem with most vehicles today.

Either you buy it much older, at a very low costs, and assume it will have issues and pay out of pocket, or just don't let it go out of warranty IMO.

I don't know many people who get their money out of a 3rd party extended warranty. There is a reason insurance companies like this make millions, because the chances are way less of having issues, hence, they assume the payout if minimal compared to what they take in on premium costs.
What Troy is selling is the Audi Pure Protection extended warranty... the very same one that all the other Audi dealers sell. He is affiliated with an Audi dealer in Mass. The warranty is underwritten by Fidelity Warranty which is part of the Jim Moran Southeast Toyota empire.

These warranties are kinda like catastrophic care policies. Most folks will never get their money out of them but for the poor sucker that loses a transmission without one will be crying the blues.
Old 01-18-2015, 12:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Looking at purchasing an extended warranty
These are the best prices I have found, does anyone know of something better and competitively priced? I am worried about the electronics as any little thing that goes wrong in a German car can really get expensive. I am planning on keeping the car at least 2 years so I'd like to extend it to that, maybe the 3 year option.
Lastly, anything that goes wrong with my mmi, nav. would be covered ?
I attached the brochure and prices

Vehicle: 2011 Audi Q5 with 25,001 - 35,000 miles.

Fidelity Platinum w/ $100 deductible
2 yr / 24K - $1770.00
3 yr / 36K - $2394.00
4 yr / 48K - $2948.00
5 yr / 60K - $3481.00
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Warranty from fd-warranty.com?