Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Water pump heads up

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The G Man
Sorry, I mis-spell Infiniti, but you get the idea. If you are buying Infiniti for reliability, You better do more homework.
Well, I've had three Infiniti's and never had to take them in for anything but standard maintenance. Never once had any issues with them. My '08 BMW was bought back as a lemon, and my Q5 has spent close to 30 days over time in the shop for problem after problem after problem. My mom drives an Infiniti as well, and it has been the best car she has ever owned. So I have to respectfully disagree with you.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FitzLA
Well, I've had three Infiniti's and never had to take them in for anything but standard maintenance. Never once had any issues with them. My '08 BMW was bought back as a lemon, and my Q5 has spent close to 30 days over time in the shop for problem after problem after problem. My mom drives an Infiniti as well, and it has been the best car she has ever owned. So I have to respectfully disagree with you.
Infiniti has a very high rating on Consumer Reports. C.R also buy all their cars and s.u.v. They test drive all the vechiles thousand of miles. I went on J.D Power website and is not very impress with it.
On bottom line is this. Every cars manufacturing will have issue with some of their cars. But, how are they are handling and take care of their customers complaints is the key for success.
I rather eat at the restaurant where the food is good. Service is excellent. Don't have to wait a longtime for the food. Then eat at the restaurant where the food is excellent but the service is lousy. Plus wait a longtime for the food. Lexus, Infiniti and Acura know for their customers care.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

You dont need to respectfully disagree with me, you just have to respectfully disagree with the thousands of owners who return survey on Infiniti and Audi. I drove Lexus for the pass 15 years, I had 5 of them. My luck ran out on the 5th one. Its the laws of averages, you had your share of bad luck with German car and good luck with Infiniti, but that may not be the case with someone else.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by happyaudi
Infiniti has a very high rating on Consumer Reports. C.R also buy all their cars and s.u.v. They test drive all the vechiles thousand of miles. I went on J.D Power website and is not very impress with it.
On bottom line is this. Every cars manufacturing will have issue with some of their cars. But, how are they are handling and take care of their customers complaints is the key for success.
I rather eat at the restaurant where the food is good. Service is excellent. Don't have to wait a longtime for the food. Then eat at the restaurant where the food is excellent but the service is lousy. Plus wait a longtime for the food. Lexus, Infiniti and Acura know for their customers care.
If you want good customer service, go buy a Lexus. I bought an Audi because I like the way it drives. I dont need to pay a premium for a car so the dealer can kiss my ares.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Best customer service I ever had was BMW. I went through 4 fuel pumps plus electrical system issues. I called customer care and told them I wanted a buy back. 2 weeks later, they called and told me they were buying my car back. It was such an easy and painless process. Audi service department sucks at my dealer, but Audi Customer Care has been great. They even made last months payment for me as an apology for my trouble.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

The only disrespect person is yourself. Does the term " Anger Management" is anything to you? Take it easy man. Take three deep breath. Everything will be Ok? Everyone have a right to their opinion!! Sometimes the car manufacture or dealership need to hear customers voice so they can improve their products better. Good day.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The only disrespect person is yourself. Does the term " Anger Management" is anything to you? Take it easy man. Take three deep breath. Everything will be Ok? Everyone have a right to their opinion!! Sometimes the car manufacture or dealership need to hear customers voice so they can improve their products better. Good day.
Who are you talking to?
Old 12-21-2009, 12:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Best customer service I ever had was BMW. I went through 4 fuel pumps plus electrical system issues. I called customer care and told them I wanted a buy back. 2 weeks later, they called and told me they were buying my car back. It was such an easy and painless process. Audi service department sucks at my dealer, but Audi Customer Care has been great. They even made last months payment for me as an apology for my trouble.
You have have the infamous BMW twice turbo engine. I would hope they would buy the car back after 4 fuel pumps As you stated, Audi of America is pretty good too. BMW and Audi dealers are hit or miss, some are very good and some are just plain bad.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

The only disrespect person is yourself. Does the term " Anger Management" is anything to you? Take it easy man. Take three deep breathe.Everything will be Ok? Everyone have a right to their opinion!! Sometimes the car manufacture or dealership need to hear customers voice so they can improve their products better. Good day.
Oh by the way, nothing wrong with getting your acre kiss by the dealership or manafacture.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I am afraid you are barking up the wrong tree my man, I am not angry at all but if it makes you feel better, I will take three deep breath

Quick Reply: Water pump heads up