Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

What is everyone paying?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 06:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by supahan
I just drove it home. I got 4.9% interest. Yeah I forgot to mention I am in So Cal. It was the only 2010 black on black with prem and nav after looking and calling from LA all the way to San Diego.
Congrats!!!
Who was your dealer?
Old 08-11-2009, 07:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The dealer was in Norwalk but it was ultimately the car broker who found it and got the deal for me. I bought it from the fleet manager who ussually doesn't deal with individual cars but more wholesale. He took a long time with that cars "for clunkers" deal because he never did it before. He did get me an additional 1000.00 off from Audi incentive for the 2010 model. I found this information thanks to a member here. I assured him there was such an incentive for the 2010 models as well. He eventually found that there was. I could not be happier with the car.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by supahan
The dealer was in Norwalk but it was ultimately the car broker who found it and got the deal for me. I bought it from the fleet manager who ussually doesn't deal with individual cars but more wholesale. He took a long time with that cars "for clunkers" deal because he never did it before. He did get me an additional 1000.00 off from Audi incentive for the 2010 model. I found this information thanks to a member here. I assured him there was such an incentive for the 2010 models as well. He eventually found that there was. I could not be happier with the car.
pics?
Old 08-11-2009, 10:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I will mention one thing I learned about pricing. I got the dealers to deal a little bit with the regular set ups but I wanted S-Line and on that subject the tone changed rapidly. Apparently there is a very limited # of S-Lines a dealer can order. If this was a dealership jobbing me then they must have all called around to each other and shared the story because I talked to 6 dealers and pretty much heard the same thing from them all.

I did find a couple willing to deal on a 2009 S-Line that they had not managed to move off the lot the second it rolled off the trailer but I did not want a 2009. So when it came to a custom order of one of the limited slot S-Lines the dealing got real thin real fast. I actually was ready to go farther away because my close by dealer actually did not really want to make breaks on any model of Q5. The fact is there limited #of Q5s are selling so fast they are not having to cut deals with anyone here. So I wound up ordering a 2010 S-Line, Prestige, Luxury package, Quartz Grey from my local dealer with Audi Care thrown in and that is about it sad to say.

BTW, Time89 I want to thank you and several others who gave me alot of information about European Delivery back when I was asking. I put off ordering for a long time hoping I could work things out to take advantage of ED. However it appears it will not work out this time so I went ahead and placed a regular order. Next one I buy I fully intend to do ED. It is a very neat program but my vacation plans for this year will be taking me in a different direction.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Cavalier

BTW, Time89 I want to thank you and several others who gave me a lot of information about European Delivery back when I was asking. I put off ordering for a long time hoping I could work things out to take advantage of ED. However it appears it will not work out this time so I went ahead and placed a regular order. Next one I buy I fully intend to do ED. It is a very neat program but my vacation plans for this year will be taking me in a different direction.
You welcome. That why we here - to help each other. And believe me - ones you get your car true ED - you don't get back to the lot.
My wife don't even thinking buy our cars any other why then ED. Accept Volvo (she heated) she said I don't care - get me BMW, Audi or Mercedes - just take me again to Italy and France.
JK., but she walk away from MB and BMW to Audi. Girl has a taste.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Most dealers around here (Northern Virginia) seem to be selling it at MSRP (too much money around here and almost no inventory). I got my 2010 (Black w/Cinnamon) for $1000 off MSRP which was $46,025, plus another $1000 from Audi for the CARS (clunker) program. Not a great deal, but I got the exact color and options I wanted - premium plus w/ Nav and 19" wheels.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

2010 Prestige + Luxury, $1150 off MSRP in Minneapolis. Not much to negotiate with the current availability of 2010s.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

We are picking ours up today from Rusnak Audi, Westlake Village, CA. 2010 Premium Plus,Quartz Grey,with 19" wheels. Paid $41,000 out the door. Did the CARS program trade,with $1,000 incentive from Audi, Free Audi Care for attending the Audi Driving Experience in May. The dealer gave up a little on the price $1,100)also. Not a great deal, but a good deal all in all. We ordered the car June 2nd. The dealer received 7 Q5's with ours yesterday and are expecting several more after the 19th of August,when they are released from the Port of San Diego.

The sales person and his sales Manager were very professional and treated us with respect from start to finish. The Calif., taxes and license are the real killer!
Old 08-13-2009, 02:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Just sign the deal today. 2010 premium plus with nav. $2700 under MSRP.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:55 PM
DrV
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by The G Man
Just sign the deal today. 2010 premium plus with nav. $2700 under MSRP.
Congratulations! Excellent deal. Looking forward to seeing some pics.

Quick Reply: What is everyone paying?