Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

What Free Trial Services do we get?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Free Trial Services do we get?

I also posted this on the European Delivery page, but I thought I'd ask a more general question to all Audi owners.

So when you purchase a new Audi, in my case a 2014 Audi SQ5, it comes with a bunch of features that have some form of subscription services. As a new owner, you are given free trial periods for some of these services, with the ability to renew them. For a normal new car, I'm assuming the trial date begins on the day of purchase, however for European Deliveries there have been many who have mentioned issues with these dates.

My question to you guys is to see if I have everything covered. I thought of 2 subscription services myself (3-month SiriusXM HD radio and 6-month Audi Connect through T-mobile for the Navigation system). Another member mentioned a 48-month traffic updates as well. Am I missing anything else?

As many have encountered, I have been bombarded by SiriusXM to renew my expired trial subscription even though I still have not received my car yet. I was told this can be cleared up by talking with my local dealership. My car arrived yesterday afternoon and I'm going in to the dealership today to pick it up. I was going to talk with my dealership about all these trial dates. Thanks.

Last edited by alatsacto; 12-05-2013 at 08:37 AM.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I believe that is everything, the audi connect through T-Mobile is for 6 months you can purchase 30 months for $450 is there best deal, others have gone through other services but be careful as they might charge for data and google maps eats data. Sirius XM is for 3 months and you can get huge discounts for waiting until it has actually expired, I think I paid $84 for a year. The traffic is for 48 months and as of last month when I renewed mine they said they don't have specials or long term contracts for a discount for that and it is $3 a month or $36 for the year.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Also, you can roll the dice with Sirius and see if they will keep you on. My trial with them expired a month ago but I am still getting the service.

Also if you do sign up with them beware of the fine print. You get the discount but then it auto-renews for whatever the current price is at the time. If you want to cancel it is not as easy as calling, you might have to give written notice that you wish to cancel.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

You have to call to discontinue Sirius. The last time it took me about half-hour of phone time waiting for c/s with several disconnects. They don't make it easy. But why would you want Sirius if you can get Pandora?
Old 12-05-2013, 12:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by lemonpeal
But why would you want Sirius if you can get Pandora?
Sports, news, talk radio and no use of your phone data plan (if not unlimited) maybe?
Old 12-06-2013, 02:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

According to my local dealership, the traffic service is tied to my Sirius radio service. So if this the case, then I will lose the traffic service after 90 days. Is this correct? However based on what others have said, the trial traffic service should last for two years.

http://www.audiusanews.com/newsrelea...&id=2920&mid=1

According to this article in AudiUsaNews from 2012, 2013 Audi models get a 4-year subscription for free. Did this carry over to 2014 models? I'm confused.
Old 12-06-2013, 04:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

The trial periods are: Sirius Radio: 90-day trial; Sirius Traffic: 48-month trial, and AudiConnect: 6-month trial.
The 2014 Q5 brochure details what comes with each line. Only the TDI, the Hybrid, and the 3.0 Prestige lines get all three trials as standard "equipment"/benefit; for some of the other model lines the trials are "available".
Old 12-06-2013, 06:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Any new 2013/2014 Audi with MMI 3G Nav Plus gets Sirius traffic for 4 years free.
Any new Audi with Sirius radio gets 3 months free.
Any new Audi with Audi Connect gets 6 months free.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks guys for clarifying that information. While Sirius couldn't update my activation start date, they said they would give me a few months of the traffic service free after my subscription ends. Also they've started a new 90-day trial for the radio service.
Old 12-12-2013, 01:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Be careful with Sirius! They WILL attach a bill to your account if you already have an account with them and it is nearly impossible to get them to disconnect and they will keep billing you and eventually do harm to your credit. We have been trying to get them to shut off our service for over a year and have already billed us for a 3 week old Q5. Google this if you arn't sure...Just say'n.

Quick Reply: What Free Trial Services do we get?